College Decisions... | Golden Skate

College Decisions...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ok people keep asking me what my plans are after this year. Am I wanting to be a photographer or an actress or what? LOL Can I say I'm not 100% sure? (A friend of mine graduates this may, took her 4 1/2 years and an education certifcate/degree to figure out she still has no idea what she wants to do with an education degree LOL another one took huge workloads to get a political science degree, and she has no idea what she wants to do at all)

Anyway, I think my safest bet, for now, is to work towards my Bachelor's degree in Journalism and Puplic communcation. One of the students got to report for ESPN 2 this year(!!!) and their program has a little bit of everything. Also I've already taken some courses that was needed without even knowing it this year.

I'm planning on going to UAA (University of Alaska, Anchorage - http://www.uaa.alaska.edu) I'll be living with my Aunt(she has satelite!!!!!!! FIGURE SKATING HERE I AM! :laugh: ) so that will help with expenses... and I won't be traveling so far from home.

This is their program's website
http://jpc.uaa.alaska.edu/

so yeay now all I have to do is apply and hope they like me! :laugh:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi Tonichelle!

Congratulations on coming to a decision about your education. It sounds like you have made a wise choice of a major based on your interests. I know how frustrating it can be to *know* you *need an education* but not have a real strong feeling about what you want to do with it. I was in that same boat oh so many years ago.

Even if you end up pursuing something slightly different than your major in the long run, you will never be sorry, I don't think, that you went ahead and got a degree. Having a degree of any kind is often a "screening tool" used to sort through candidate resumes when filling jobs, even if the degree is not relevant to the job.

Best wishes and enjoy your time in Alaska! I've never been there and it's on my "A" list of places I want to go visit sooner rather than later.

DG

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
DG -- I've been here in Alaska my entire life... I was hoping God would call me down south where it's warm... or at least to a figure skating area, but noooooooo :laugh: It's all good... ;)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Best of luck, Toni.......the first two years are usually basic courses, English, History, etc., plenty of time to fine tune your future course work. You'll have a great time and I know, you'll be a dedicated student!!! 42

Toni, I could not be better pleased with your choice of school. UA-Anchorage is a very fine institution. You will have the most interesting and fun four years of your life. Like DoggyGirl and Show42 said, it doesn't really matter much what you major in at first, because you will encounter new subjects that you haven't given thought to before. And if you end up in a church-related vocation, you will thank God for all the knowledge that you will be able to bring to it.

Mathman

PS. Don't forget to sign up for some math courses, LOL.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
wow! You've actually heard of UAA! yeay! :laugh:

and ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww math! YECH! ;)