2013 Europeans Men - Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Men - Short Program

rosacotton

Final Flight
Thank you for the videos, Mao88!! So glad Brian and Javier had good performances. Hope they can keep it together in the free!

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Hmm...I wonder what injury this is? Or perhaps the injury is more psychological more than anything else since he was landing his 3A in practice with no difficulty.
Yeah, dear. Plu is a malingerer, a liar and doesn't have transitions. Pure evil.

Most of the skaters just now think better to use cop to Get the points from a quad and a 3t separately than together. And the top 2 did the 3/3 After the halfway point to get the bonus. Quad salchow people are more likely not to do 4/3 but you do see some solo 4t people as well. The Best use of cop in sp is being interpreted as solo quad by most.
Holy true. Difficulty and risk is not rewarded properly by CoP. Does anybody know why they fix the points in the way that performing 4T plus 3lu-3T combo gives exactly the same number of points as a much harder context of 4T-3T and 3Lu? What exactly is behind of this rule? The audience is losing much without seeing challenge which is a must in the sport a priori. Moreover, CoP makes progs look like a chaotic mess in points hunting, wthout any proper design and meaning. Like some kind of string with gems/stones of various value sitting one after another. Verner for example who skated right after Javi was more entertaining to watch inspite of failing all his jumps. Simply because his prog was better-balanced, more meaningful and in character. The point is in jewelry industry nobody will buy just a string of gems for the price of a piece of art. While in fs they are trying to sell it seriously thinking that the audience is not educated enough and with poor taste. The results you know- empty arenas.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
i wish Plushy the best but he really should not have pushed himself so hard so quickly. I do wonder is this the end though...

seniorita

Record Breaker
Afterthought, I wished he had skipped Euros and rest, he had injury, surgery, Russian nationals and a new baby all in a month. We are off to ladies:)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
i wish Plushy the best but he really should not have pushed himself so hard so quickly. I do wonder is this the end though...

Plushy is a special brand of crazy. He won't give up now, not when he's so close to Sochi.

euroskate

Final Flight
I just happend to watch amodios programm without music (computer problems) try this. the prorgamm is surprinsingly empty when watching without music. i mean all the elements are just great but in between is nothing. so mark for transitions and coreo should be low because there was nothing. really try to watch it. for sure skating skills, presentation and most probably interpretations where good.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Holy true. Difficulty and risk is not rewarded properly by CoP. Does anybody know why they fix the points in the way that performing 4T plus 3lu-3T combo gives exactly the same number of points as a much harder context of 4T-3T and 3Lu? What exactly is behind of this rule? The audience is losing much without seeing challenge which is a must in the sport a priori. Moreover, CoP makes progs look like a chaotic mess in points hunting, wthout any proper design and meaning. Like some kind of string with gems/stones of various value sitting one after another. Verner for example who skated right after Javi was more entertaining to watch inspite of failing all his jumps. Simply because his prog was better-balanced, more meaningful and in character. The point is in jewelry industry nobody will buy just a string of gems for the price of a piece of art. While in fs they are trying to sell it seriously thinking that the audience is not educated enough and with poor taste. The results you know- empty arenas.

While I agree that 4T-3T is harder (obviously) than a solo 4T, that means the skaters must incorporate connecting steps preceding their quad. What I'm noticing is a lot of skaters neglect these steps and aren't given the appropriate GOE deduction (which is a mandatory -3 in the SP). While it's extreme to give a perfectly executed solo quad -3 in GOE, these quads without preceding steps shouldn't be given more than a 0 or +1, according to the rules. Until skaters are actually going to get hammered for it, guys are still going to do their quads with the long set up and as a solo jump since nobody is deducting them for that.

Verner might have had a more entertaining performance but the quality of his skating (and execution of jumps) was inferior to Javier's. Verner was still given a ton of PCS points for that skate and wouldn't be sitting in 9th if not for it.

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
I just happend to watch amodios programm without music (computer problems) try this. the prorgamm is surprinsingly empty when watching without music. i mean all the elements are just great but in between is nothing.

Oh, you are lucky to happen to notice it at this mid season, I would say. ;) I had known that even before I saw it for the first time out, because I already knew its choreo was done by Morozov in the first place. ;) But kudos to Florent. No one can sell it like he does! :cool: