2013 Europeans Men - Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Men - Short Program

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah i think it was. I was wondering who the hottie next to the french skaters was.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Maxim KOVTUN (RUS)

Music: Lawrence of Arabia (soundtrack) by Maurice Jarre

4T+3T
2A
CSSp
FCSp
3Lz - hand down
StSq
CCoSp

Started off strong with quad combo, unfortunately two big mistakes afterwards.

Score: 39.50 + 34.96 = 74.46 (PB), and into 5th (out of 27)

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Sergei VORONOV (RUS)

Music: Yablochko (Russian Sailor Dance) by Reinhold Gliere

4T+3T - hands onto landing
3A
FCSp
StSq
3Lo
CCoSp
CSSp

Not too exciting, but clean.

Score: 42.81 + 35.57 = 78.38 (SB), and into 4th (out of 28)

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Florent AMODIO (FRA)

Music: Memories of Sobral by Sebastien Damiani

4S
3A
FCSp
StSq
3Lz+3T
CSSp
CCoSp

Very strong skate! Will it be enough for the lead?

Score: 49.18 + 40.64 = 89.82 (PB), and into 1st (out of 29)

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Amodio with the hardest jumps out there, landed perfectly 4S, 3A, 3Lz-3T. The program is gross but he skated well

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Morosov comes up with some of the worst programs ever. Lots of posing and just plain obnoxious. And of course the idiotic judges eat it up.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Morosov comes up with some of the worst programs ever. Lots of posing and just plain obnoxious. And of course the idiotic judges eat it up.

Javier did won on PCS. And has the technical elements to win. And has the pressure off since he is not the leader. I think it's ok. But yeah, 8 for choreography is...bad

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Paolo BACCHINI (ITA)

Music: Music by Dmitri Shostakovich

2A - fall, very weird in the air
3Lz - fall again
CCoSp
StSq
3Lo+2T
CCSp
FSSp - bit shaky

Shame about the mistakes...

Score: 22.93 + 29.75 - 1.00 = 50.68 and into 25th (out of 30).

Both Italian men had 2 falls and did not qualify for the FS...

Last edited:

Kinga

Medalist
Meanwhile, during the break I realised The Ultimate Horror - no, let's go with 18th Century spelling, shall we? - Horrour! Every skater from now on will be compared by the Swedish commentators to Alexander Majorov (they have already had the time to note that Brian won't get as many points for his 3A... ) Oh, death, where is thy sting? Pity me! (Another mention already... Waaaaah!)

But - Brian! Woohoo!

(Yes, he beat Alexander Majorov... )

What is truly annoying about the male commentator is that he ALWAYS mentions and unecessarily emphasizes skaters 'real' nationality, if they were 'imported' by another country, like he wouldnt want to accept that they represent and are bound to this country. Yesterday, he almost wanted to say that Hotarek represents Czech Republic. You could hear in his voice that it was almost painful for him to admit that Hotarek indeed represents Italy. But Majorov, yes, he is absolutely pure blood Swede. He is from Luleå. That is sooooo funny.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Interview with Alexander Majorov - who's happy with his skate, naturally. He felt relieved after he landed the flip, careful not to relax until that was done. They have been working on the presentation, looking up, straight back etc - and the presentation of the choreography improved as a consequence. Asked if he means to try a quad in the future, he says that a toe, definitely. They're commenting on the current placements, and when they came to Plushenko, Alexander said: "He'll be back." He sounded certain of it. And asked about the free, he says that he intends to try a quad, definitey, as his program as planned won't work without it.

That's part of what was said - I'm sorry that I'm not particularly good at paying attention and taking notes - my apologies for that. :)

LRK

Record Breaker
What is truly annoying about the male commentator is that he ALWAYS mentions and unecessarily emphasizes skaters 'real' nationality, if they were 'imported' by another country, like he wouldnt want to accept that they represent and are bound to this country. Yesterday, he almost wanted to say that Hotarek represents Czech Republic. You could hear in his voice that it was almost painful for him to admit that Hotarek indeed represents Italy. But Majorov, yes, he is absolutely pure blood Swede. He is from Luleå. That is sooooo funny.

Good grief - yes! Among other things - and he fancies himself good with pronounciation too...

And I was right. Every skater in the last group was compared to Majorov, and not until Amodio, I think, was there even a mention of anyone else... But. Don't get me started... :)