Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 191

Thread: 2013 Europeans Men - Short Program

  1. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    The only reason Amodio is leading is he did his 3-3 combo and Fernandez did not. Fernandez beat him in GOE and PCS otherwise.
    ... and that is just not right. Javi was rather boring while, especially judging by arena people's reports, Flo was on fire with good contact with the audience. The huge GOE for Javi's 4S is just laughable. He jumps it better than Hanyu, who simply jumps it from two legs, but still it's far to be the best entrance. None of them ever gets any minuses for that (Long live Orser federation and papa Dore!). Brezina has the right entrance on 4S and I was very glad to see that he managed it today.
    Cheers to Kovtun for the most solid 4T-3T combo of the night. The rest is still juniorish but not that bad for the first start.

    Waiting for FP.

  2. #137
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,635
    Most of the skaters just now think better to use cop to Get the points from a quad and a 3t separately than together. And the top 2 did the 3/3 After the halfway point to get the bonus. Quad salchow people are more likely not to do 4/3 but you do see some solo 4t people as well. The Best use of cop in sp is being interpreted as solo quad by most.

  3. #138
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Hmm...I wonder what injury this is? Or perhaps the injury is more psychological more than anything else since he was landing his 3A in practice with no difficulty.
    I hate to question him but I feel it has more to do with embarrassment than an injury but he has won a ton of medals at Euros, so I wouldn't risk anything at this point if he is injured.

  4. #139
    Custom Title LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,857
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Hmm...I wonder what injury this is? Or perhaps the injury is more psychological more than anything else since he was landing his 3A in practice with no difficulty.
    ?????????????????

    Keep up, won't you - before you start accusing people of malingering, preferably.

  5. #140
    Edgy Details
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cracow
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    ... and that is just not right. Javi was rather boring while, especially judging by arena people's reports, Flo was on fire with good contact with the audience. The huge GOE for Javi's 4S is just laughable. He jumps it better than Hanyu, who simply jumps it from two legs, but still it's far to be the best entrance. None of them ever gets any minuses for that (Long live Orser federation and papa Dore!). Brezina has the right entrance on 4S and I was very glad to see that he managed it today. Cheers to Kovtun for the most solid 4T-3T combo of the night. The rest is still juniorish but not that bad for the first start.

    Waiting for FP.
    I love Brezina's jumps, but a lot of people complain that he bends too much in the waist just before the take off. It does not bother me personally, but I guess it is some sort of flaw too.
    But I really hope that Michal medals FINALLY! If he finishes 4th again, Im gonna be mad....

  6. #141
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,579
    Plushenko is hold with string a tape anyway, it's not like its newly injured, it is his back, nevertheless it's sad cause he had a good training this morning, but he didn't even try quad in the do which seems sth is wrong since nationals.

  7. #142
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Plushenko is hold with string a tape anyway, it's not like its newly injured, it is his back, nevertheless it's sad cause he had a good training this morning, but he didn't even try quad in the do which seems sth is wrong since nationals.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Plushenko has the habit of practicing quad during official practices in competition. So it's quite normal that he didn't do them in practice but that doesn't mean he won't do them in competition.

  8. #143
    Custom Title LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,857
    Thanks to the delights of Google translate:

    "We have decided to withdraw from the European Championship - said Evgeny Plushenko. - The reason - all the same injury, for which I was unable to properly prepare for the tournament. And now rolling short program showed, unfortunately, with existing health problems, I can not normally ride in the first place - a qualitatively perform jumps. Now - to the doctor for a checkup. I think I will go to Germany. We are now just discussing this issue. Thanks to everyone who supports me, who for me is going through. See you later! "

    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/8121.html

  9. #144
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    133
    How many points do you get for making eye contact?

  10. #145
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,067
    Congrats to Amodio, Javier and Brian, I am doing my happy dance! Amodio rocked his SP.

    Thrilled for Brian! I agree with the placements for the top 6.

    Did Plushy withdraw?

  11. #146
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,579
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Plushenko has the habit of practicing quad during official practices in competition. So it's quite normal that he didn't do them in practice but that doesn't mean he won't do them in competition.
    He did a quad in practice, he didn't try one in the sp I said. Plushenko is training quads in practice, he doesn't do the run through usually

  12. #147
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,719
    MEN'S SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

    1. Florent AMODIO (FRA) - 89.82 Short Program
    2. Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP) - 88.80 Short Program
    3. Brian JOUBERT (FRA) - 83.93 Short Program
    4. Michal BREZINA (CZE) - 79.84
    5. Sergei VORONOV (RUS) - 78.38
    6. Evgeni PLUSHENKO (RUS) - 74.82 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    7. Maxim KOVTUN (RUS) - 74.46 Short Program
    8. Alexander MAJOROV (SWE) - 74.29 Short Program
    9. Tomas VERNER (CZE) - 68.99
    10. Viktor PFEIFER (AUT) - 67.34 Short Program
    11. Chafik BESSEGHIER (FRA) - 66.93
    12. Kim LUCINE (MON) - 63.27 Short Program
    13. Viktor ROMANENKOV (EST) - 59.66 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    14. Pavel IGNATENKO (BLR) - 58.38 Short Program
    15. Yakov GODOROZHA (UKR) - 57.44 Short Program
    16. Zoltan KELEMEN (ROU) - 57.44
    17. Peter LIEBERS (GER) - 56.67
    18. Alexei BYCHENKO (ISR) 56.42 Short Program
    19. Javier RAYA (ESP) - 54.21 Short Program
    20. Pavel KASKA (CZE) - 53.76 Short Program
    21. Manol ATANASSOV (BUL) - 53.58 Short Program
    22. Justus STRID (DEN) - 53.14 Short Program
    23. Maciej CIEPLUCHA (POL) - 52.84 Short Program
    24. Stephane WALKER (SUI) - 50.93 Short Program
    25. Paolo BACCHINI (ITA) - 50.68
    26. Valtter VIRTANEN (FIN) - 48.41 Short Program
    27. Harry MATTICK (GBR) - 48.08 Short Program
    28. Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS (LTU) - 43.85 Short Program
    29. Ali DEMIRBOGA (TUR) - 43.47 Short Program
    30. Paul Bonifacio PARKINSON (ITA) - 40.35 Short Program
    Last edited by Mao88; 01-24-2013 at 12:50 PM.

  13. #148
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,183
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Most of the skaters just now think better to use cop to Get the points from a quad and a 3t separately than together. And the top 2 did the 3/3 After the halfway point to get the bonus. Quad salchow people are more likely not to do 4/3 but you do see some solo 4t people as well. The Best use of cop in sp is being interpreted as solo quad by most.
    Good point.

  14. #149
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Good point.
    But seeing a 4-3 combo is more exciting and I can only assume it's harder to do a 4-3 and a solo 3 jump than a 3-3 and a solo 4 jump. I know point wise it's better to have a solo 4T but I prefer to see a great 4-3 like Kovtun did today, it gives a bit more excitement to the program IMO

  15. #150
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,579
    Fernadez was clearly the winner for me, Joubert got a huge cheering and I was thrilled to see him skate like this, I know Amodio landed all his jumps but I dislike so much this program, maybe because it is all oriented to the judges which were on the other side, plus the vocals. I didnt expect such marks for him. Majorov must have had the biggest improvement in Season Best I ve seen. And Voronov is really fighting for Worlds. Brezina program is not good, but huge jumps!

    Pairs time!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •