2013 Europeans Pairs LP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Pairs LP

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I'm happy that V/T won...Maksim's father would be proud of him(
Either way, the germans just skated from element to element. and you call it a cool program?????????????????????:slink:
V/T fp was with mistakes, but they lived that program

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
It's extremely, extremely frustrating how Volosozhar/Trankov can skate an empty program where they mostly stroke from one element to another and not really pay much attention to the music and get 9s whilst Savchenko/Szolkowy show an extremely complex routine where pretty much everything is connected with transitions to get almost 2 points less on the PCS. Seriously, this is just ridiculous. Why even bother?

are u serious?:think:

noidont

Final Flight
V/T is overrated for the reason that they can always manage to land their sbs triples. In pairs these days so few can do that...but their LP is awfully boring, and let's face it, they are going to be olympic champions with no memorable program.

snejina

Rinkside
Extremely boring, empty program of V/T, poor choreography, much overscored! Even with the fall S/S are much better as choreography of the program, as well as skating! Actually, the most attractive program as choreography at the Euros is the B/H's program.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
It's extremely, extremely frustrating how Volosozhar/Trankov can skate an empty program where they mostly stroke from one element to another and not really pay much attention to the music and get 9s whilst Savchenko/Szolkowy show an extremely complex routine where pretty much everything is connected with transitions to get almost 2 points less on the PCS. Seriously, this is just ridiculous. Why even bother?

Agreed. I found the program lackluster, particularly near the end of the program where it seems like Trankov just ran out of steam and didn't care anymore. I just found the program uninteresting compared to S/S.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Agreed. I found the program lackluster, particularly near the end of the program where it seems like Trankov just ran out of steam and didn't care anymore. I just found the program uninteresting compared to S/S.

Yes, exactly. I even preferred James/Cipres' program over V/T. I actually really liked V/T when they first emerged, but over the last couple of years their programs have been boring and they've been overscored this year for subpar performances.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia

everybody sticks to their opinion I guess)
I found S/S fp weird:popcorn:
it's really worse than the last year's fp

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I really enjoyed the Russian performance. Not perfect technically but I found it very intense, I really enjoyed the performance. I'm glad they won. The Germans were a bit disappointing, it's not their best programme, I found it a bit empty. A great result for the Italians. I really enjoyed the French, they were superb, they went for everything, I would have them ahead of the Italians.

Very disappointing from K/S, they have a lot of work to do before worlds, they are now only ranked 5th in Europe. I thought they had turned a corner at the Russian Nationals, with two good performances but they were not on form in Zagreb. I wonder did the late arrival affect them? Fingers crossed they can pull it together for worlds. There is a bronze medal up for grabs, I think the Canadians have a good shot of sneaking a medal.

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS LONG PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 212.45 Free Skate, Interview
2. Aliona SAVCHENKO & Robin SZOLKOWY (GER) - 205.24 Free Skate
3. Stefania BERTON & Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 187.45 Free Skate
4. Vanessa JAMES & Morgan CIPRES (FRA) - 178.81 Free Skate
5. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 175.48 Free Skate
6. Ksenia STOLBOVA & Fedor KLIMOV (RUS) - 167.23
7. Daria POPOVA & Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 157.12
8. Mari VARTMANN & Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 141.79
9. Nicole DELLA MONICA & Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 140.89
10. Stacey KEMP & David KING (GBR) - 131.51
11. Julia LAVRENTIEVA & Yuri RUDYK (UKR) - 128.79
12. Elizaveta MAKAROVA & Leri KENCHADZE (BUL) - 115.96
13. Stina MARTINI & Severin KIEFER (AUT) - 112.29
14. Maria PALIAKOVA & Nikita BOCHKOV (BLR) - 103.13
15. Magdalena KLATKA & Radoslaw CHRUSCINSKI (POL) - 99.65

wallylutz

Medalist
I agree! I really liked S/S... But this is the first medal ever for Italy in Pairs!! :yay::clap::yes:

Congrats to Stefania and Ondrej & Team Italia! This is a well deserved medal. I especially like how Ondrej seems to be the life of this pair, he carried Stefania through even though she clearly is not as good as him. Hopefully, people would now fully accept him as part of the Italian team as opposed to where he was born/raised.

katia

On the Ice
everybody sticks to their opinion I guess)
I found S/S fp weird:popcorn:
it's really worse than the last year's fp

It's your opinion and it seems in the minority. V/T started their program OK but then it got booooring. S/S program was great and costumes reflected the music - Spanish Bolero.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
The best PROGRAMS for me are S/K and K/S...too bad about the quality though.
Among the short programs the best for me are italians:)

wallylutz

Medalist
Extremely boring, empty program of V/T, poor choreography, much overscored! Even with the fall S/S are much better as choreography of the program, as well as skating! Actually, the most attractive program as choreography at the Euros is the B/H's program.

Sadly, you are correct. B/H had the better program vs. either the Gold or Silver medalists. It feels as though ranking in pairs nowadays are more deeply entrenched than ice dance.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
It's your opinion and it seems in the minority. V/T started their program OK but then it got booooring. S/S program was great and costumes reflected the music - Spanish Bolero.

i'm a proud minority!ahah:laugh:
agree to disagree) V/T were emotional...I felt their skating, germans? not so much:p

HR4

On the Ice
I cannot understand why everyone so in love with SS program. I think it is really boring and has no deama in it, neither it is funny. VT did not show their best, bur were clearly the winners for me and I loved the program too. Italians are the big break- through for me, while KS are huge dissapointment.

katia

On the Ice
Sadly, you are correct. B/H had the better program vs. either the Gold or Silver medalists. It feels as though ranking in pairs nowadays are more deeply entrenched than ice dance.
I disagree re: European ice dance, otherwise agree.

wallylutz

Medalist
V/T is overrated for the reason that they can always manage to land their sbs triples. In pairs these days so few can do that...but their LP is awfully boring, and let's face it, they are going to be olympic champions with no memorable program.

Funny, if that's true, then Duhamel/Radford would be winning all the events this season they entered since no one else can land SBS Triple Lutz the way they do + Throw Triple Lutz.