2013 Europeans Pairs LP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Pairs LP

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I can agree with you partly that there were more transitions in their program than in VT's but still there was no such a crutial difference in this aspect in my opinion or that HUGE difference that you saw.

So you agree S/S should have won at least on Tr mark and they didn't. That was the point, not that V/T didn't deserve to win overall. We were complaining about how PCS are scored together as whole rather than separately.

galchonok1729

Rinkside
Actually at the very beginning I referred just all those comments which stated that VT's programm was boring, that those people do not like their choreography and etc. And that all the judges just made some tricks in favour of Volosozhar and Trankov and that is why they won at least FP. So to this point I can say that I DO like their choreography and like Morozov choreography and choice of music of their programm and think that it was more impressive than SS' programm. This is a subjective point and depends on a person's taste always! now I know that SS lost in tr. mark. So I am not a judge even if I agree that in my personal opinion there were more transitions in their programm but it is a slight difference to my mind. So and was the difference in marks for transitions huge in order to make it a huge theme? (I am just interested).

LRK

Record Breaker
As far as I understand it, it is not usual for judges to have great disparity in their PCS - for instance, high Interpretation, but low Transition, or what have you. So one high mark tends to give another. I think this is utterly siily, but probably a discussion for a thread of its own. How are PCS adjudged? And is it done right? I'd be interested to read such a discussion, actually, but alas, I would lack sufficient knowledge to add anything to it...

bsfan

On the Ice
I am really happy that VT finally win and did it fairly no matter what someone try interpret it in another way!|Maxim is a real professional and a strong person, did evуrything to make his father be proud of him!
And I am so tired of those comments with some imaginable "conspirasy theories" or unfair judging. For me it always seems that in this forum it is always like this when a russian sportsmen win. why can people just accept the fact the even those sportsmen whom they do not like can win fairly because of their hard work and performances during the championship? or may be there are any evidence and proof about those tricks in favour of the particular skates? or we just take it as the universal truth when just a spectacular try to make a judges' job?) I guess no!)and besides when it is concerned sport we can not use the word IF .. If they did not fall or if they did not double the jump they would have.. we can not know what the judges would do if SS did not fall and nobody knows because it did not happen and it is useless to speculate about this situation.

Can't agree more!

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Congrats to all the medalists and a special hug for Maxim for skating so well under such terrible conditions.
I love Aliona and Robin but this LP doesn't touch me as much as their other works such as Pina (masterpiece).
The italians and the french were really great.
I can't help but to feel sorry for K&S. Their LP is sooooo beautiful but they really have to go clean. It's heartbreaking to see them in 5th place.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I have not viewed any Euros video, and maybe I am the last to see this poignant photo of Trankov as he pays tribute to his late father. (I hope that I'm making a safe assumption as to what T's body language represents.)
Without knowing too much about Trankov, I have the impression that under normal circumstances, he is a fun-loving, life-of-the-party kind of guy. Such a sad contrast to see him in mourning. :(
Condolences to the Trankov family (and congratulations to V/T for their Euros gold).

The bittersweet but beautiful photo is from Absolute Skating.

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Actually at the very beginning I referred just all those comments which stated that VT's programm was boring, that those people do not like their choreography and etc. And that all the judges just made some tricks in favour of Volosozhar and Trankov and that is why they won at least FP. So to this point I can say that I DO like their choreography and like Morozov choreography and choice of music of their programm and think that it was more impressive than SS' programm. This is a subjective point and depends on a person's taste always! now I know that SS lost in tr. mark. So I am not a judge even if I agree that in my personal opinion there were more transitions in their programm but it is a slight difference to my mind. So and was the difference in marks for transitions huge in order to make it a huge theme? (I am just interested).

Actually, what's interesting is that while there is still a lot of room for subjectivity, the goal of COP was to remove as much as possible. So when we say choreography and one should've been scored higher than the others, we really should be quoting the rule book and explaining based on that - which would be interesting (and still subjective, of course).

Is the transition mark enough to be a huge theme? As LRK stated, PCS are generally clumped around each other, and they shouldn't be. But I would have no problem dropping them by 1.5 points in transitions alone (from borderline Outstanding to merely Good/Very Good).