Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Europeans Pairs LP

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Just because you repeat something enough, doesn't make it true. :P

Tripping on the Podium
    I'm very happy that VT won. Worried about their throws though, they need fixing ASAP.
    But my main concern is SS costumes - what are this rainbow bra and a weird skirt on Aliona?

Custom Title
    Although I only watched on line, IMO politics had nothing to do with the result, nor did the one note program by S&S. I object to the judgment of VT's choreo as simplistic - it's not.

The main issue, IMO, was speed and ice coverage. VT had much more power, longer run of blade, covered the ice and were fast. S&S were dragging out there and not covering the ice as well. Their elements, save for the mistakes, were huge. Their choreography, taste aside, was intricate. But relative to VT they were dragging and not getting the power out of the blade.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post

Now bring on worlds where Duhamel's medal has already been bought by the cannucks!
    You prefer the worlds where Russians bought all the medals? I do not.
    Of course I would like Canadian Skating Federation (or some millionaire) to buy them medals, unfortunately Canadian millionaires money go for such "small" things like improving Canadian economy, solid banking and things like that. And they prefer skaters to win medals honestly. I am sure, so do Canadian skaters.
    Last edited by katia; 01-24-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by katia View Post
    And they prefer skaters to win medals honestly. I am sure, so do Canadian skaters.
    lol at the idea of Skate Canada being the epitopme of fair play

Banned
    Oh my god. This thread is like deja vu of SD thread- Russian mafia bought ISU. I was expecting something more creative.

Custom Title
    KS - program of the night with or without mistakes. Gorgeous. I don't understand their low scores.
    VT - I didn't like the way they skated tonight, no passion, but grief...well...understandable, some mistakes, huge score.
    SS - As i said earlier, their time is over, no creative programs, awful costumes, BIG mistakes every skate and what puts me down - they skate as if they don't care... I used to be anxious to see them, cuz it was an entertainment each time, joy - now - nothing. And they realise that it doesn't depend on them, it depends on VT if they are clean or with small errors, they'll win. And there's no point getting offended cuz SS used to be ALWAYS overscored, don't you remember when they won over KS with big mistakes and missed element? By the way they DID get a huge score tonight as well for what they showed!
    Happy for the Italians!!!

Custom Title
    You prefer the worlds where Russians bought all the medals? I do not.
    Of course I would like Canadian Skating Federation (or some millionaire) to buy them medals, unfortunately Canadian millionaires money go for such "small" things like improving Canadian economy, solid banking and things like that. And they prefer skaters to win medals honestly. I am sure, so do Canadian skaters.
    I will never ever forget DD's and Chan's poor performances and huge score at Vancouver! Oh and that Osmond)))

Custom Title
    PAIRS LONG PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 212.45 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, Interview
    2. Aliona SAVCHENKO & Robin SZOLKOWY (GER) - 205.24 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    3. Stefania BERTON & Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 187.45 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    4. Vanessa JAMES & Morgan CIPRES (FRA) - 178.81 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    5. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 175.48 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    6. Ksenia STOLBOVA & Fedor KLIMOV (RUS) - 167.23 Free Skate
    7. Daria POPOVA & Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 157.12 Free Skate
    8. Mari VARTMANN & Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 141.79 Free Skate
    9. Nicole DELLA MONICA & Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 140.89 Free Skate
    10. Stacey KEMP & David KING (GBR) - 131.51 Free Skate
    11. Julia LAVRENTIEVA & Yuri RUDYK (UKR) - 128.79 Free Skate
    12. Elizaveta MAKAROVA & Leri KENCHADZE (BUL) - 115.96 Free Skate
    13. Stina MARTINI & Severin KIEFER (AUT) - 112.29 Free Skate
    14. Maria PALIAKOVA & Nikita BOCHKOV (BLR) - 103.13 Free Skate
    15. Magdalena KLATKA & Radoslaw CHRUSCINSKI (POL) - 99.65 Free Skate

Medal Ceremony

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    PAIRS LONG PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 212.45 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, Interview
    IMO, it was a bad idea to take an interview. I understand it's a tradition and a protocol, but it was sad to watch, it seemed like Max was very close to tears.

Custom Title
    The sad thing is that even without the fall on the side by side 3S, S/S would still be second. I knew it from the very start S/S have no chance once I saw V/T's score. It was pretty much set up, just like in 2010 euros IMO. One can only hope for a more objective panel of judges at worlds

Banned
    You prefer the worlds where Russians bought all the medals? And they prefer skaters to win medals honestly. I am sure, so do Canadian skaters.
    , thanks for the good laugh
    yes Chan's superinflated scores with 2 falls or Osmond's 200+ score will disagree with you
    D/R 200+ score
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 01-25-2013 at 02:56 AM.

Custom Title
    I have to say maybe the Germans are getting a taste of their own medicine. for years I never quite saw why the scored so high though it is just my opinion. And to be honest I find it really disturbing that their little gimmicks or transitiosn are teh same over and over. I know you shouldn't get deductions for that but their entrances into throws and jumps are getting boring to me. And being artistic does not mean having to be "weird". That being said there is no really awe inspiring pairs team in the world right now. I am not even enamoured so much with the Italians though happy they won a bronze - though I do fear it could be the bronze of death that seems to be the problem for some odd reason with bronze medallists.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gioccia View Post
    ks - program of the night with or without mistakes. Gorgeous. I don't understand their low scores.
    Vt - i didn't like the way they skated tonight, no passion, but grief...well...understandable, some mistakes, huge score.
    Ss - as i said earlier, their time is over, no creative programs, awful costumes, big mistakes every skate and what puts me down - they skate as if they don't care... I used to be anxious to see them, cuz it was an entertainment each time, joy - now - nothing. And they realise that it doesn't depend on them, it depends on vt if they are clean or with small errors, they'll win. And there's no point getting offended cuz ss used to be always overscored, don't you remember when they won over ks with big mistakes and missed element? By the way they did get a huge score tonight as well for what they showed!

I
    happy for the italians!!!
    ita

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    , thanks for the good laugh
    yes Chan's superinflated scores with 2 falls or Osmond's 200+ score will disagree with you
    D/R 200+ score
    Go to the US nationals they give away marks lilke potato chips. Remember the old days when 6.0's were given out at US nationals like they were nothing. Stand up somewhat and smile 6.0 lol

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast