Keegan Messing
    Ross Miner
    Brandon Mroz
    Sean Rabbitt
    Douglas Razzano
    Adam Rippon
    Philip Warren
    Johnny Weir (withdrawn,)
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 01-06-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Custom Title
    When did Lysacek WD from Nationals? Last week, he was listed on the offical practice list.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I'm not sure that he has...

We'll know when the event starts.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I'm not sure that he has...

We'll know when the event starts.
    If he does wait till last minute I have a feeling NBC will not be kind to the guy lol they get more and more frustrated with his no shows.

I don't know...USFS has always had people they thought of as headliners (usually past champions) whom they use to promote events, and very, very often, those skaters cancel out at the last minute. I'm thinking Michelle & Sasha for example, at various Skate Americas... I'm sure NBC knows about this habit of theirs.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    If he does wait till last minute I have a feeling NBC will not be kind to the guy lol they get more and more frustrated with his no shows.
    NBC has no reason to be frustrated if Lysacek WD from nationals. He WD from SA this year due to an injury that later required surgery on 11/20. Per the press release after surgery, Lysacek was to be off ice for six weeks. Thus, if the rehab goes as scheduled, Lysacek will only have three weeks on ice to prepare for nationals. The NBC ads that I have seen promoting nationals do not feature Lysacek, which is an indication that they know it is a longshot for him to recover in time to compete.

Yes that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    NBC has no reason to be frustrated if Lysacek WD from nationals. He WD from SA this year due to an injury that later required surgery on 11/20. Per the press release after surgery, Lysacek was to be off ice for six weeks. Thus, if the rehab goes as scheduled, Lysacek will only have three weeks on ice to prepare for nationals. The NBC ads that I have seen promoting nationals do not feature Lysacek, which is an indication that they know it is a longshot for him to recover in time to compete.
    they still took time out to be frustrated with his WD both last year and this year. I could see where they'd still be frustrated.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    they still took time out to be frustrated with his WD both last year and this year. I could see where they'd still be frustrated.
    The USFSA may be frustrated that Lysacek is injured. However, I am sure that they are more frustrated in the lack of international results from the senior men the last few years. No USA skater had topped Lysacek's personal best from the 2010 Olympics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Men (listed alphabetically)
    Johnny Weir (withdrawn,)
    Has Johnny withdrawn from the US Nats???
    I saw Johnny being interviewed by Fuji TV for about half an hour yesterday. I was SOOO surprised to see him on TV, because it was LIVE! What the hell is he doing here in Japan? at this time of the year?? US Nats is only 2 weeks away!, I wondered...

Seem no chance for Johnny to go to London Worlds now. I am worrying him: can he make a successful comeback just in the Olympic season? Must be very hard for him, or for any skaters, to get back his/their old-self under this ever-changing CoP ruels, I would imagine, unless of course the skater(s) is/are not named an Evgeni Plushenko...

Custom Title
    Yes, Johnny has officially withdrawn. Sometime before Christmas he announced he would not compete.

Custom Title
    Thanks a lot of the information, A.H.Black.
    Hope Johnny does not give up his competitive skating just yet. If not for Mens discipline, there still is the team event at Sochi where he has a decent chance to be selected by USFSA, I think.

I like Johnny, but I don't really think he has a chance at a comeback anymore. I was optomistic at the beginning of the season, and I thought he might actually do it, but then he withdrew after skating one poor short program and then withdrew from the rest of the season. If he ever was going to make it happen, it was this season, and he didn't, so I'm afraid he never will. He might skate at Nationals next season (maybe), but I don't think he'll make the Olympic team.

Predictions:

1. Abbott
    2. Miner
    3. Dornbush
    4. Mahbanoozadeh
    5. Rippon

If Evan shows, I'll put him in second behind Abbott and move everyone else down a place. It's hard to know what level he will be competing at, though, since we haven't seen him compete in years. Plus, he's injured.

1. Abbott/Farris
    2. Miner
    3. Rippon

Usually Jeremy skates lights out at Nationals but I feel that Joshua Farris has a real chance to win Nationals this year.
    It should be quite a competition!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast