How are you watching? | Golden Skate

How are you watching?

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Is Ice Network the only option to watch this live? Will there be any other streaming?

I don't mind paying to watch the Championship events, but I didn't purchase the subscription to Ice Network because they didn't offer any of the GP events live. So how will everyone be watching?

brightphoton

Medalist
I'll be relying on the play by play on this forum, and catch the SP recap plus live LP on NBC on Saturday. Maybe it'll be put on Youtube ...

mskater93

Record Breaker
IN will take everything that goes up on YT down. They've been pretty diligent about "ownership" of video rights. IF they do go up on YT, they will come down pretty quick...

James R

Match Penalty
I hate icenetwork for a lot of reasons (blackout problems, delayed broadcasts this season, lack of commentating / poor commentating, only passable picture quality that leaves much to be desired), but it still is a really good deal tbh. Certainly if you compare it to the cost of attending just 1 event.

Icey

Record Breaker
I live in the USA and I have had no problem watching free Russian Nationals and Europeans on the internet, like many of you. To bad the US can't be more accommodating with its nationals, etc. The almighty dollar reigns supreme.

figuristka

Medalist
I live in the USA and I have had no problem watching free Russian Nationals and Europeans on the internet, like many of you. To bad the US can't be more accommodating with its nationals, etc. The almighty dollar reigns supreme.

I agree, such a shame. Also the Canadian Nationals there were hardly any videos available. I enjoyed the Japanese Nationals, Russian and Europeans is now online. Better for the sport when its accessible for most.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am in Australia (thus IceNetwork is not an option for me since they geoblock). Any ideas? I want to SEE Josh and Jason skate, not just pbp and scores (though the pbp will be welcomed and cherished!). I can't use it for the SP (WOE I WILL BE AT WORK) but I can watch the LP.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am watching it live surrounded by people with the flu and Austalian Norovirus....I went to the medical facilities in the arena and the medics looked through their shelf stock but they have no surgical masks....the sick guy behind me didnt show up yesterday and the sick lady is staying up high in a barren place in the bleachers...my seat mate is mostly better from her flu but she is worried that she cant get home for her next chemo as they are predicting an ice storm here Sat night into sunday.....maybe icenetwork isnt so bad?:laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Regarding the availability of future coverage for those in the U.S., this just in:

U.S. FIGURE SKATING ANNOUNCES BROADCAST RIGHTS AGREEMENTS

(1/25/13) - U.S. Figure Skating announced two major media rights agreements today that will guarantee unprecedented coverage of figure skating in the United States through the end of the 2017-18 Olympic season. The first is a four-year extension of its broadcast rights agreement with NBC and the second is icenetwork.com's acquisition of all U.S. media rights for International Skating Union (ISU) events through the 2017-18 season.

Full press release here:
http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48904&type=media