Is Plushenko Too Old For This Sport? | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Is Plushenko Too Old For This Sport?

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Hear! Hear!

I wonder if part of the problem is that he's just the sort of guy who must be DOING things all the time - I just hope he doesn't get too restless. Just ply him with audiobooks, DVDs, videogames.... oh, I don't know... chess maybe? Whatever to keep him busy!
Maybe his son, Alexander? :) He will have time to change the nappy and help him burp..:biggrin:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
This is Orser's opinion:
http://winter.sport-express.ru/figureskating/reviews/28399/
Brian Orser: "Since last year, I am a fan of Plushenko" :)

- Have you seen performance in Zagreb Plushenko?
- Yes, of course.

- Are not you surprised by his decision to withdraw after the short program?
- This is his and only his decision, I have no right to talk, it was correct or not. Plushenko - supertalant. And the fact that he is still willing and able to compete with much younger children, is admirable. What really surprised me in Zagreb - is his refusal to quadruple jump in the short program. Because Plushenko - unbeaten fighter. After that he made at the last European Championships in Sheffield, I became his fan. True. Remember thinking, OK, we have to admit he is a god figure skating, if he can fight like this. It was amazing! I did see him in training - such a calm, even relaxed. But Plushenko knows exactly how to get together when you go to the start. I know that he really wants to come to Sochi, and I can only wish him a full recovery and get in shape. Such men as he pushed all the other forward. This is for my students. They look at him with wide eyes. Besides Plushenko - the kind of person who surrounds the special aura they create around themselves a special atmosphere. And it's impossible to miss.

Eek! I just read the report of the surgery. They replaced a disc with synthetic disc material. That's pretty dire. I love that Plushenko is skating, but I worry about his long-term (and even short-term) health. Look, it's not as if we fans are going to forget him if he leaves the ice. We still adore Michelle and even Janet Lynn, who retired from eligible skating in 1973 and pro skating in I think the eighties. Plushy will never leave the list of best skaters ever, not in a hundred years. But I want him to have a body he can count on for later.