Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Volosozhar & Trankov: Sochi Favourites?

Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    I wonder if it really is this easy. To underestimate S/S and think V/T have it in the bag is a mistake. Of course, Russia will push V/T as they seem to be their safe bet for a medal in Sochi in a sport that was once dominated by them. They have to act. But if V/T make mistakes and S/S don't - V/T won't win. Imagine the outcry. I think this seasons programs of S/S were lacklustre. It is pre-olympic season. I'm bored by quite a few programs. I would be very surprised, if S/S are not already working on a masterpiece for next season, a programme which will end their career with a bang. They want that gold, it is their last chance! Like Jammers said, it's better to have a weak season (well, what is weak, really? Being Silver Medallists at EC?), in the 2012/13 season than to have problems in the next. I wish them luck and I'm sure they won't be going down with a fight.
    S/S are 4 time world champs. (and who knows could end up being 5 time) If V/T are terrible and S/S are great, I can't imagine S/S not getting the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    I wonder if it really is this easy. To underestimate S/S and think V/T have it in the bag is a mistake. Of course, Russia will push V/T as they seem to be their safe bet for a medal in Sochi in a sport that was once dominated by them. They have to act. But if V/T make mistakes and S/S don't - V/T won't win. Imagine the outcry. I think this seasons programs of S/S were lacklustre. It is pre-olympic season. I'm bored by quite a few programs. I would be very surprised, if S/S are not already working on a masterpiece for next season, a programme which will end their career with a bang. They want that gold, it is their last chance! Like Jammers said, it's better to have a weak season (well, what is weak, really? Being Silver Medallists at EC?), in the 2012/13 season than to have problems in the next. I wish them luck and I'm sure they won't be going down with a fight.
    they are also promoting Bazarova/Larionov as a back up

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    they are also promoting Bazarova/Larionov as a back up
    I don't see B/L beating a great S/S......I think S/S have to much respect for that...

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    I don't see B/L beating a great S/S......I think S/S have to much respect for that...
    but If the Top 2 implode they can sneak a medal
    B/L can score a 200+ score

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    but If the Top 2 implode they can sneak a medal
    B/L can score a 200+ score
    Well of course....They are growing on me as a team.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Well of course....They are growing on me as a team.
    Their jumps are still terrible though. The unision on the jumps is awful and they are awful to watch doing jumps, even when they land them. The rest of their skating is only getting better though.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Their jumps are still terrible though. The unision on the jumps is awful and they are awful to watch doing jumps, even when they land them. The rest of their skating is only getting better though.
    their twists are nice and definitely better than K/S potato sack twists

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2