Sweden 2

Ladies
Italy 3
Russia 3
Sweden 3
France 2
Germany 2
Spain 2

The Helgesson sisters just about managed to earn 3 spots for Sweden which means Isabelle Olson (or somebody else) can join them next year. :)
DEU's decision to send Weinzierl was definitely the correct one. I don't think Hecken would have managed to place top 10, given how high the level of skating was.
ETA: Spain will be using the second ladies spot. :) As Hieloespanol has pointed out, Marta García has the required minimum scores and Elene Mangas has the SP score and is looking for the FS one.

Pairs
France 3
Germany 3
Italy 3
Russia 3
Great Britain 2

I like the way it turned out. Gives an incentive for British, French and Italian skaters to get on with it. :)

Ice Dance
Italy 3
Russia 3
Azerbeijan 2
France 2
Germany 2
Great Britain 2

Two spots for Azerbeijan. I guess we're going to see the Porters next year? :D
Germany missed three spots by one point. :/

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's hard to imagine the Porters getting the necessary TES in the SD...or FD to qualify for Europeans.

Maybe AZE will import another team?

Yes, the second spot available at Euros it might incite somebody to represent Azerbeijan. :)

figureskate

On the Ice
I think the Italian federation will push for making up a new pair, since they have three spots for next year and at Nationals there were just Berton/Hotarek and Della Monica/Guarise

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Yes!! I believe this is the first time that Italy has 3 spots in three different categories!! :yay::clap:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There were 3 couples on the JGP from Italy, of whom Sforza & Foresti did the best. Perhaps, they will go senior next year!

Hieloespanol

Spectator
Men
Unfortunately Spain does not have a second female skater at competitive senior level so the spot will most likely go unused. :(
:/

Sorry, this is not true. We have two senior female skaters that would be able to compete in Budapest: Marta García and Elene Mangas, so we'll use this second spot.

Sorry, this is not true. We have two senior female skaters that would be able to compete in Budapest: Marta García and Elene Mangas, so we'll use this second spot.

They don't have the minimum scores, though, do they?

Of course even if they don't yet, there are plenty of international competitions between now and next January they could earn it at, so I will be keeping my fingers crossed it works out for them. :)

Last edited:

Hieloespanol

Spectator
They don't have the minimum scores, though, do they?

Of course even if they don't yet, there are plenty of international competitions between now and next January they could earn it at, so I will be keeping my fingers crossed it works out for them. :)

Marta García has the minimal score for senior euros and junior worlds, where she'll be our represent. She got the minimal scores for euros in Challenge Cup 2012 (SP) and Cup of Nice 2012 (FP).

Elena has the minimal score for the short and she's looking for the free.

Marta García has the minimal score for senior euros and junior worlds, where she'll be our represent. She got the minimal scores for euros in Challenge Cup 2012 (SP) and Cup of Nice 2012 (FP).

Thank you for the information, I didn't realise that. Best of luck to both girls and hopefully Elena can earn the FS score before next Euros. :)

SamuraiKike

Medalist

The Challenge Cup score (11-12 season) will not count for next year though.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Yes, that's the way it has been since the min scores appeared. I doubt ISU will change that. Its fair enough IMO.

bltracy

Spectator
I think you missed Czech Republic for two spots in Men's. Michal Brezina was at 3rd place while Tomas Verner at 11th, which are enough for two.

I think you missed Czech Republic for two spots in Men's. Michal Brezina was at 3rd place while Tomas Verner at 11th, which are enough for two.

I did, thank you. Edited that in.

11th + 3rd = 14 which is just one place shy of 3 spots. :(

Monica Gimeno has managed to earn both the SP and FS scores at Dragon Trophy and she will be eligible to represent Spain at Euros next season. :)

Last edited: