Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway - Season 11

Custom Title
    I kind of have the impression that Benjamin just didn't work well with the regimented tasks and time pressure. I think he may be a better designer and better at construction than what we saw here. And, really, as much as I love PR, the assigned tasks, all DIY construction and 24 hour turnarounds are not how the fashion business really works. Michael Kors does not meet a client, cut, sew, and tailor a garment and have it on her in 24 hours (with breaks in the middle for filming other bits and sleep). Not even a dressmaker in your local community does that. My mom had to pay extra when getting a dress done for my wedding because she wanted it in less than six weeks and it was cut from a pattern.

I really thought Amanda should have gone. Yes, the print made the dress more interesting, but she didn't design that so much as she kind of randomly made it. If not her, Tu (who was clearly saved by his partner doing well) because that was a big mess and boring.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    and I especially liked that Matt's lady stood up for him.
    Do you mean Ben???

I think Patricia is one of those outliers who isn't really part of the fashion tradition, and while this might lead to some wonderfully unconventional designs and approaches, it also limits her in what she's able to achieve because she probably doesn't have the command of basic techniques that the others have.
    As Michelle said ...why don't the judges see what's happening. I guess I'm not seeing it either. What has Patricia done??? I am not saying she is the best but I have liked some of what she has done as I have the other designers except for Michelle and Amanda.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Do you mean Ben???
    Yes, I did mean Ben. I realized after I posted but hoped to edit later on. Thanks for helping to disentangle me!

I felt sorry for Tu because I did like some of his designs. Too bad they didn't just sent Kate home. I kind of laughed when the teenagers liked Samantha & Patricia's design and of course Samantha did a lot of backtracking. I didn't especially like Michelle & Amanda's dress but the judges did. I was kind of shocked when Zac Posen put Nina in her place. I just love this show!!

Custom Title
    I enjoyed all the dresses. Amazing what they achieved with tape and muslin.

That was an interesting challenge but I still prefer "Face Off" to "Project Runway".

I think Patricia and Samantha's dress would've been better if the inside of the skirt hadn't been silver - reminded me too much of a bell. I also thought that the front was just a touch too high in the front - kinda risky dancing in it.

I think the winner won because of their patterning with the duct tape - that's where they really excelled IMHO.

I was surprised by the double elimination, partly because Kate had done some nice work and I would've thought they'd give her a 2nd chance.

As soon as those ruffles were put on the gold dress, I said 'dated' in my head. LOL - my 11 yr old niece actually liked the gold dress. Her least favorite was Patricia/Sam's.

Custom Title
    My mid-twenties friend said that strictly as prom dresses, the long one done by the two eliminated designers was one of her favorites, and the gold ruffled one came close. So your niece seems to be onto something. I agree with you about the length of the front of the skirt of Patricia and Samantha's dress. I didn't particularly mind the inside of the skirt, but you make a good point. I thought that everyone did a splendid job of manipulating the tape, and I was impressed by the variety of shapes in the winning looks. Really inspiring.

I'm glad that Amanda got the boot. All of the women on Amanda's team were sure quiet in front of the judges. All of their designs were just terrible.

I was glad there was no winner this week. Both teams did a really poor job from a design perspective and execution.

It was fun watching Nina Garcia breathless with laughter.

This challenge really failed when you compare to Th Christian S/Chris M/Jillian season when they designed for GLOW. They really understood the challenge.

Custom Title
    I imagine it must be very hard to tailor menswear, but I was rather surprised that even the guys had no grasp on tailoring. I mean, I know they wear avant-garde clothing, but surely they have at least one suit and a trench coat. Were they told to do officewear? I missed the first part of the show.

What this reminded me of, more than the GLOW, was the far more successful challenge back in Season 2 when the designers had to dress each other, and Chloe Dao made a smashing suit for Nick Verreos. She said it was her first time doing menswear. So I guess it is possible.

Nina was a hoot, wasn't she? The guys were so good-tempered and easygoing; I hope none of them had to wear any of the clothing designed this week.

I think Zac said it so well, they make women's clothing so it wasn't like they didn't know how to make pants (slacks) & blouses (shirts). I think they just weren't thinking. Olympia, I thought Chloe did a great job for Nick too. Nick was the only one who was familiar with men's clothing and remember he made the suit for Daniel and got eliminated. I don't think I've ever seen such horrible designs as I have with these designers. Remeber the first gal that was sent home. That could have been something I would have put together in a day but I'm not a designer nor had any training.

I thought the Down Under guys were really nice too...they offered excuses for the designers.

I imagine it must be very hard to tailor menswear, but I was rather surprised that even the guys had no grasp on tailoring. I mean, I know they wear avant-garde clothing, but surely they have at least one suit and a trench coat. Were they told to do officewear? I missed the first part of the show.

What this reminded me of, more than the GLOW, was the far more successful challenge back in Season 2 when the designers had to dress each other, and Chloe Dao made a smashing suit for Nick Verreos. She said it was her first time doing menswear. So I guess it is possible.

Nina was a hoot, wasn't she? The guys were so good-tempered and easygoing; I hope none of them had to wear any of the clothing designed this week.
    Actually owning tailored clothing does not mean that you know how to construct tailored clothing. Constructing and draping flowy dresses is much more forgiving. Pants are always hard to do correctly because butt size, thighs and calves and length = being pretty darn specific when cutting.

They weren't told to do officewear - just that it had to be a collection and be able to tear off. Most to the designers didn't want to do a YMCA collection of cop, construction worker, fire fighter, cowboy. Business man theme seem to come to mind as more 'surprising'.

I thought GLOW was hugely successful. Rami's pepto bismal pink outfit was the worst of what ended up being the top4.

I didn't think season 2's make an out fit for another was that good overall. Chloe made a great outfit for Nick. However, the judges thought that Daniel made Chloe look old. Santino practically made his own outfit, but the outfit he made for the other designer was a horrid cat suit. and Nick made Daniel a suit?

Custom Title
    I remember that cat suit that Kara had to wear. Fortunately, she is svelte and looks good in anything. Chloe was the undisputed champ of that evening's challenge, though Daniel V. was good at tailoring, as I recall. I liked his work very much all the way through and kind of wanted him to win.

I liked Santino a lot better later, when he and Austin Scarlet had that show where they went across the country making dresses for ordinary people. Santino, who prided himself on being obnoxious and profane on PR, was surprisingly warm and respectful with his clients. I just loved that show because of the way the ladies--all ages, shapes, sizes--were treated.

I loved Stanley & Patricia's clothes. The top Patricia made was wonderful. I think that it was open in the back, it just flowed so nicely. Stanley dress was simple but elegant. I hope Layana grows up before the end of the show. Layana and Michelle are soooo bossy and just plain witchy. Now that they are picking on Richard, they're leaving Patricia alone. I respect Stanley for saying he learned some things from Patricia. It's nice that Michelle won with her dress but it was the Tim who basically said ...what are you doing and she changed her look. I am not sure at this time who will win, who really stands out????

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast