Project Runway - Season 11 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Project Runway - Season 11

heyang

Record Breaker
I did think Michelle's collection was the best of the 3. I definitely liked many of her pieces, although I didn't like the bleeding heart sweater as much as Nina.

I think Stanley might've gotten too caught up in producing a collection vs determining an artistic point of view. I knew he lost when he couldn't explain his collection's 'point of view'. I do think he improved his looks quite a bit after the 1st critique, but he really didn't have time to re-look with a super critical eye and entirely re-do outfits. He could only re-work what he had.

Patricia definitely has a point of view. For the mass markets, I don't think 'tribal' will go a long way in certain areas of the US/world. I did like some of her outfits more than others.

Didn't they have like 6 weeks to get this together? Why was Stanley still sewing on his girls as they started down the runway? :laugh:

I thought Patricia should have won. My goodness, she wove her own fabric and soldered her own accessories? Plus, that blue Dr. Seuss hat alone should have carried the day. :yes:

I thought Nina bullied the other judges into going along with her favorite, Michelle. After all, Mina is the one that the winner has to work with.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought Patricia should have won. My goodness, she wove her own fabric and soldered her own accessories? Plus, that blue Dr. Seuss hat alone should have carried the day. :yes:

I thought Nina bullied the other judges into going along with her favorite, Michelle. After all, Mina is the one that the winner has to work with.

Math, whether Patricia should have won or not I couldn't believe Nina referring to the blue Dr. Seuss hat as that. The hat resembled what Native American men wore when they went to war and is called a roach. It was very disturbing to me that Nina made light of it.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just a reminder about the Reunion Show tonight.

I'm watching the rerun of the actual runway show right before the reunion.

I think one thing that I don't like so much about Patricia's collection is that some of the fabrics looked almost synthetic. The fabric of the blue dress, which was otherwise lovely, seemed almost like acetate. Maybe that was just the effect of the lights. Organza can look a bit artificial at times, even if it's silk organza. I love some of her textiles. The prints are to die for. I love Nina's phrase for her work: artisanal techniques. That's that aspect of her work that I love.

Looking again at Michelle's collection, I realized that one thing that worked especially well for me was her layers. There's some inspired geometry there for sure. There was one suit-ish ensemble, with a sort of vest and then a sort of jacket and then a sort of skirt; they all went together so beautifully. Their layers and textures brought out the best in all the pieces. The outfits had s lot going on, but nothing was too fussy. And as Nina said, you could mix and match many of the pieces, and I am such a sucker for that. I'm not fond of many of her colors, like that dirt brown and the mustard, but her colors all worked well together somehow, and so they did not upset my color sense.

I still disliked the two outfits with the naked, fully gapping top. They left nothing to the imagination and didn't make the models look good. How could you not make gorgeous models look good? The rest of that final red decollete (to the max!) gown is wonderful, however: the seaming, the vertical studding at the sides, the color of the fabric. I would wear several of her ensembles quite happily. (The red gown I'd wear with a turtleneck underneath.) One of my favorite collections in the entire history of the show, along with Christian Siriano and some of the pieces by Kara Saun in Season 1.