Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Europeans Ladies - Short Program

Banned
    its working now. thanks

Banned
    nice skate from Nicole though doubled the 3F
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 01-25-2013 at 06:17 AM.

Custom Title
    Govsiani with a huge mistake doubling the solo 3F. She really needed a good SP here to skate as late as possible in the LP. But what a lovely skater. She can barely hold her tears, ohh

Custom Title
    Not very good for someone who was chosen over the world silver medalist based on one free skate performance. But the judges gave her the highest pcs so far but only one category reached 6 so not great.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Not very good for someone who was chosen over the world silver medalist based on one free skate performance. But the judges gave her the highest pcs so far but only one category reached 6 so not great.
    yep and by worlds she wont get that high in pcs
    I am almost certain Gosviani will not go at Worlds, she should make the most of it and enjoy her maybe one and only Euros

Glad i got to see the ladies in this group. They may not all have the most difficult triples but the quality is higher than i expected. German girl was very strong. Danish girl it was so nice to see them so thrilled with the marks. Turkish girl had very nice presence on the ice. Nikol is such a beautiful skater, so light and airy. Shame about the doubling of the 3 flip.

Custom Title
    You do realize we are talking about a 16 year old who's been thrown in one of the biggest competition in the season for the first time in her life and who has almost 0 international experience, right? She made a mistake, not a meltdown, it does not look good for her in regards to worlds but not making the team won't be a tragedy. She rightfully won her place on the Euro team. One more thing: last year, Polina K got 49 for her SP and looked who things turned out at the end of the competition.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    You do realize we are talking about a 16 year old who's been thrown in one of the biggest competition in the season for the first time in her life and who has almost 0 international experience, right? She made a mistake, not a meltdown, it does not look good for her in regards to worlds but not making the team won't be a tragedy. She rightfully won her place on the Euro team. One more thing: last year, Polina K got 49 for her SP and looked who things turned out at the end of the competition.
    I have followed Gosvianai for many seasons now and trsut me she is a good sp skater but will not do well in FS
    her Nationals was the exception, at Russian Cup series she lost many times to juniors I cannot even count lost to Sakhanovich, Medvedeva, Sotskova etc.
    I recall her not even making the podium at a Russian Cup series

Custom Title
    PCS is so random and reputation based. I'm sure if Nikol, or the German girl for that matter skates in the last two groups they will get better PCS. The Helgesson sisters for example are going to get 27+ now that they are skating in the last group. I don't really think their basic skating skills or presentation are better than Gosviani.

Nikol is such a lovely skater, such nice quality. She reminds me of Elena ILINYKH in ice dance. Iam surprised though they didn't send Alena Leonova with her experience.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I have followed Gosvianai for many seasons now and trsut me she is a good sp skater but will not do well in FS
    her Nationals was the exception, at Russian Cup series she lost many times to juniors I cannot even count lost to Sakhanovich, Medvedeva, Sotskova etc.
    I recall her not even making the podium at a Russian Cup series
    You might be right. Then again she is too young to be called a headcase yet and from what we all saw from her since Russian nationals(basically when her name appeared internationally) she did pretty well. Was she that bad this season? I thought maybe the Russians sent her to Euros because she had at least some good national events.

Custom Title
    There was a reason she had so little international experience as was listed previously. And she didn't get the worlds fs Tes minimum because she singled two jumps at the nestle cup. That was the norm for her and why she had so little international experience and why she was an alternate for Russian nationals. Maybe lightning will strike twice but it seems she is going back to her normal level of skating.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    You might be right. Then again she is too young to be called a headcase yet and from what we all saw from her since Russian nationals(basically when her name appeared internationally) she did pretty well. Was she that bad this season? I thought maybe the Russians sent her to Euros because she had at least some good national events.
    she was an alternate in JGP because her early season performance was bad
    and like I said lost 12 year olds like Sakhanovich or Medvedeva,
    if you perform bad Russian Cup Series they will pull you out at your JGP assignments and give it to someone else

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Alina FJODOROVA (LAT)

Music: Inception (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer

3F+2T
    3S
    2A
    FCSp
    CCoSp
    StSq
    LSp

Solid, landed all her jumps! She looks happy

Score: 26.24 + 18.63 = 44.87 (PB), in 10th (out of 18)

she looks disappointed. Perhaps UR's or levels?
    Last edited by sequinsgalore; 01-25-2013 at 07:17 AM.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Sonia LAFUENTE (ESP)

Music: Romeo and Juliet (musical soundtrack)

3F
    3Lo+2T
    FCSp
    2A
    LSp
    StSq
    CCoSp

Solid skate, she looks relieved.

Score: 29.02 + 22.05 = 51.07 (PB), and into 2nd (out of 19)

She looks ecstatic. Did she not have TES for Worlds yet?
    Last edited by sequinsgalore; 01-25-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast