3T+2T
LSp
StSq
3S - ok, though turned out quickly on landing
FCSp
2A
CCoSp

She fist pumps!

Score: 28.76 + 20.84 = 49.60 (PB), in 6th (out of 23)

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Patricia GLESCIC (SLO)

Music: Crystalized

3Lo+2T
3F - twofoot, fall
LSp
2A
FSSp
StSq
CCoSp

Score: 24.93 + 19.43 - 1.00 = 43.36, in 16th (out of 24)

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry that this is out of sequence, but it took me 2 resurfacings to write it!

You do realize we are talking about a 16 year old who's been thrown in one of the biggest competition in the season for the first time in her life and who has almost 0 international experience, right? She made a mistake, not a meltdown, it does not look good for her in regards to worlds but not making the team won't be a tragedy. She rightfully won her place on the Euro team. One more thing: last year, Polina K got 49 for her SP and looked who things turned out at the end of the competition.

Well said Mirunna!

I really liked Nikol at Russian Nationals. I do think that she is somebody to watch for the future. But I was really surprised that she was selected for the Russian European team.

I thought she needed a bit of experience on the senior international stage (perhaps GP's or something like the NRW Trophy or Ondrej Nepela) before being sent to a big competition like the Europeans.

Liza and Adelina got a season-and-a-half of international senior experience under their belts before they got into the Russian team for Euros. Now, they are both being talked about as potential top 5 finishers. But, Nikol is being deprived of the chance to make her name known, and is instead being thrown in at the deep end.

For that reason, I would have sent Polina K to Euros this year instead, and kept Nikol for next year when (hopefully) she has more experience in senior events under her belt.

I came in for a lot of criticism for saying this. They thought I was being hard on Nikol, who is doing well this year, and soft on Polina K, who is not doing well this year.

But, I was trying to give both of them a chance to get themselves fully prepared for the big season coming up next year.

Firstly, I do not subscribe to the argument that Polina K is not doing well. She was lying 4th after the Short Programme in Nationals, but slipped down the order after a couple of mistakes in the Free. But, everybody jumped on it, saying she is finished.

Now the same is happening with Nikol. As Mirunna says, what happened to her today was not a meltdown; it was just a small mistake. But, everybody is jumping on it, saying she is not ready.

This was what I was trying to prevent happening. Nikol put on a brilliant performance today, but because it is her first time on the senior international stage, people are focusing on the mistake. They are ignoring the fact that after 12 skaters (then 18), she has only 1 person in front of her!!! Even now, after 24 skaters, she only has 4 ahead of her!!!

As Mirunna said, Polina K was in a similar position in last year's Euros and came back to finish 4th overall. So, who is to say Nikol will not come back as well?!

It was Polina K's experience at last year's Euros that made me want to put her in the team this year, to prove the doubters wrong.

But, the chance to do something that would benefit both girls has been missed. Instead, both girls are coming under criticism, instead of being praised. Which is totally unfair.

SO LEAVE NIKOL AND POLINA K ALONE!!! THEY ARE TEENAGE GIRLS - THEY NEED SUPPORT, NOT UNNECESSARY CRITICISM!!!

This is my last word on the subject. I didn't want to bring it up again, but I was so angered by the criticism Nikol was getting.

So, let's just focus on the competition now!

Good luck in the Free, Nikol!!! Hope you prove the doubters wrong!!! ;) :D

And good luck to Liza and Adelina in the next group!

CaroLiza_fan

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
actually Polina K can score much higher if she skates clean
and Polina K. can actually score good pcs compared to Nikol

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Carolina KOSTNER (ITA)

Music: A Transylvanian Lullaby (from "Young Frankenstein" soundtrack) by John Morris
The Devil's Trill by Guiseppe Tartini

New dress... She kind of looks like a Christmas present.

3Lo - nice!
3T+3T - fall, oh no
FCSp
2A
StSq - very nice
CCoSp
LSp

Score: 33.36 + 31.93 - 1.00 = 64.19, in 1st (out of 25)

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Elena GLEBOVA (EST)

Music: Tales and Legends by Rolando Tambin

3Lz - fall
3T+3T
2A
FSSp
LSp
StSq
CCoSp

She has got some quite nice spins, I've never noticed.

Score: 28.67 + 24.23 - 1.00 = 51.90, in 4th (out of 26)

Last edited: