2013 Europeans Ladies - Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Ladies - Short Program

I pretty much always hate Nichol's boring, empty, uninspired programs.

But her work for Carolina is nothing short of remarkable. Kostner has incredible skating skills and rich and detailed choreography presented beautifully. There should be a massive gap between her and anybody else, a fall or not. 1.50 is not enough IMO.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Seeing Adelina in 1st really is a suprise. Her score is the highest we have seen this season except Maos at NHK and Yunas at NRW. And her difference to Maos is minimal.
As for the PCS... I think Adelinas are fine if you compare them to rest here, or to the scores we have seen so far this season. But I agree that it's just wrong for Caro to be receiving 8's, I would have had her overall PCS higher. Awesome SS, great programm, interpretation and performance.
Anyway, I'm mainly happy for Adelina now. I just hope being the leader after the short will give her a lot of confidence and not just add more pressure (which it will definitly do). She has nearly a 10-point lead over anyone except Caro, so her chances to medal are really great now. Caro is still the favorite to win, she's stronger in the LP than the SP anyway and eventhough she had a fall today, she was amazing. So easy and sure, I'm not really worried for her skating a bad LP.
Liza still has good chances to medal too. The only one I'm really sorry for is Elene. I would have hoped she would deliver again, her SP is so beautiful.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 67.61 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) - 64.19 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) - 58.22
4. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 57.18 Short Program
5. Joshi HELGESSON (SWE) - 55.04
6. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 54.77
7. Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY (FRA) - 53.32
8. Nathalie WEINZIERL (GER) - 52.28 Short Program
9. Elena GLEBOVA (EST) - 51.90 Short Program, 2nd Copy
10. Juulia TURKKILA (FIN) - 51.47
11. Sonia LAFUENTE (ESP) - 51.07
12. Nikol GOSVIANI (RUS) - 50.92 Short Program
13. Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) - 50.79
14. Monika SIMANCIKOVA (SVK) - 50.27
15. Kerstin FRANK (AUT) - 49.60
16. Elene GEDEVANISHVILI (GEO) - 48.75 Short Program
17. Anita MADSEN (DEN) - 47.97 Short Program
18. Kaat VAN DAELE (BEL) - 47.18 Short Program
19. Jenna MCCORKELL (GBR) - 47.17 Short Program
20. Fleur MAXWELL (LUX) - 46.66 Short Program
21. Sila SAYGI (TUR) - 46.17 Short Program
22. Tina STUERZINGER (SUI) - 45.73
23. Anne Line GJERSEM (NOR) - 45.72 Short Program
24. Natalia POPOVA (UKR) - 45.60

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Adelina, Caro and Valentina! Good for Valentina, she is such
a hard worker and it is nice to see her skate a great SP and score well.

My prediction for the podium, Caro, Adelina and Liza.

IleK

On the Ice
thats what I saying. would people really want to wait for Sotnikova to turn 25 or 26 just to become a world champion ?
she is a Maria Butyrskaya copy

So what do you suggest? That she should quit just because she is not moving as fast as you want? You dont have to wait for her. I will wait for her and all of her fans. You just have to turn off the TV every time she skates. very simple. And as a fact I don't remeber who was the last new comer who sat in first after de SP at Euros. I think it was a long time ago. And Adelina just broke the ice with a huge score. I can't even remeber Carolina, this is how much Adelina caught my eye. And even if she bombs the LP I will not be disappointed. She still did a lot.

mateusp1

On the Ice
Am I the only one who thinks that Adelina's first 3T+3T did not deserve all that GOE? The landing of the first 3T was a little bit tight and I saw a slight lean, also.

Am I the only one who thinks that Adelina's first 3T+3T did not deserve all that GOE? The landing of the first 3T was a little bit tight and I saw a slight lean, also.

I totally agree. And there was a little hesitation between the two jumps.

I gave it 0 GOE.

Whenever the judges see a 3/3 combination, they go crazy with the GOE though. :/

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
There were so many good things about the combo. She had good run-out and the jumps were HUGE (especially watch the replay of the combo at ice level).

wallylutz

Medalist
Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS)

Music: Capriccio Espagnol by Nikolai Rimski-Korsakov

3T+3T - big!
3F - also nice
FCSp
2A
LSp
StSq - audience is clapping along
CCoSp

Fist pump! Happy for her.

Clean jumps, strong spins - she seemed tense at first, so it's interesting if this will be enough to beat Caro.

Score: 37.25 + 30.36 = 67.61 (PB), in 1st (out of 27)

If Sotnikova can beat Kostner skating to the same SP content as Osmond, then this should give us a very good idea where she could place vs. Kostner in the London World Championships.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
If Sotnikova can beat Kostner skating to the same SP content as Osmond, then this should give us a very good idea where she could place vs. Kostner in the London World Championships.

We would have a better idea if Koster skated clean :laugh: We all know a fall takes away some PCS even if it shouldn't IMO. And a clean Sotnikova is better than a clean Osmond thanks to her very solid spins and steps.

wallylutz

Medalist
And a clean Sotnikova is better than a clean Osmond thanks to her very solid spins and steps.

Not at all, it is clear a clean Osmond will easily be several points higher than Sotnikova. You don't have to believe me, just post a new thread in the Edge with both their SP SBS and ask for people to comment. I am quite underwhelmed by Sotnikova from a PCS standpoint, she looked petrified out there until the very end when she knew she skated clean. Before then, the tension in her face and body really cut into her performance. In contrast, Osmond showed no such tension any point at all and performed to her highest level throughout. On that alone, the PCS score would have buried Stonikova alive.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 67.61 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) - 64.19 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) - 58.22
4. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 57.18 Short Program
5. Joshi HELGESSON (SWE) - 55.04
6. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 54.77
7. Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY (FRA) - 53.32 Short Program
8. Nathalie WEINZIERL (GER) - 52.28 Short Program
9. Elena GLEBOVA (EST) - 51.90 Short Program, 2nd Copy
10. Juulia TURKKILA (FIN) - 51.47
11. Sonia LAFUENTE (ESP) - 51.07
12. Nikol GOSVIANI (RUS) - 50.92 Short Program
13. Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) - 50.79
14. Monika SIMANCIKOVA (SVK) - 50.27
15. Kerstin FRANK (AUT) - 49.60
16. Elene GEDEVANISHVILI (GEO) - 48.75 Short Program
17. Anita MADSEN (DEN) - 47.97 Short Program
18. Kaat VAN DAELE (BEL) - 47.18 Short Program
19. Jenna MCCORKELL (GBR) - 47.17 Short Program
20. Fleur MAXWELL (LUX) - 46.66 Short Program
21. Sila SAYGI (TUR) - 46.17 Short Program
22. Tina STUERZINGER (SUI) - 45.73 Short Program
23. Anne Line GJERSEM (NOR) - 45.72 Short Program
24. Natalia POPOVA (UKR) - 45.60

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Not at all, it is clear a clean Osmond will easily be several points higher than Sotnikova. You don't have to believe me, just post a new thread in the Edge with both their SP SBS and ask for people to comment. I am quite underwhelmed by Sotnikova from a PCS standpoint, she looked petrified out there until the very end when she knew she skated clean. Before then, the tension in her face and body really cut into her performance. In contrast, Osmond showed no such tension any point at all and performed to her highest level throughout. On that alone, the PCS score would have buried Stonikova alive.

I don't argue with that, you might be right. I somehow agree about Adelina, she came to life after the jumps, but other than Interpretation why should she lose any PCS area to Osmond for instance? I only said Sotnikova is better because I though of the technical part(spins and steps) and Adelina is better here. Don't want to start a useless argument about who is better from the 2
Sotnikova already got over 30 and 32-33 is Mao/Yuna category so I'm not sure how deep would Sotnikova be buried

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty

She always had this problem, pitching forward on her first jump of the combo. I would actually give -GOE. It's quite ugly.