hmmm Osmond will bury Sotnikova with clean a score of 70+ ? based on Canadian national score notorious for giving superinflated scores
the 300+ LP for Chan anyone ? lol,
a 70+ is already Mao/Yuna might score it, Carolina is clean might not even crack 70+
and Sotnikova had almost the same pcs as Carolina
I'm thrilled Sotnikova is getting it together, she is by far the best of the young Russians. I say lets see how they compare when they both skate well.
"Solo jumps must be different from the jumps included in the combination. A single spread eagle, spiral/Free Skating movement cannot be considered as meeting the
requirements of connecting steps and/or other comparable Free Skating
movements the lack of which must be considered by the Judges in the GOE."
Please note the wording "A single" which is put in bold and underlined.
If you feel, after reading this precise requirement in rules that this jump still meets the required standard, I have nothing else to add.
Wonderful to see Adelina pull off a great SP like that! I believe she had a solid SP at nationals too so that's good. I really hope she can keep her focus for the LP. I've said it a lot but Adelina is one of the few newcomers who is on par with the top ladies in the field not only in terms of technical content but in terms of PCS as well. It's impossible to ignore her when she skates like that! Gorgeous lines, great speed, interesting spins, huge jumps, and lots of fire and energy. That was the best she's been all season long!
As for those not willing to wait on Adelina, adios. I ain't goin' nowhere! She is an amazing talent and if I have to wait until she's 25 to see her realize that talent, then wait I shall. But at 16/17 years old, what's the rush? Like the rest of these newcomers, Adelina's time will come after Sochi. I adore her and her skating and I'm so happy for her.
Despite the fall Carolina was lovely. I love how the 3L went right with the music. It's a phenomenal program...one of her best SPs ever IMO. I'm not too crazy about that dress though. The red part on the front looks like they're hands on her hips...??? I don't like it. I thought the purple dress was beautiful. I don't doubt Carolina will come back strong in the LP and win this thing...
I haven't been able to find any video of Valentina yet. I really like her SP this year so if she performed it like she did at SA I already know I'll love it. Good for her
Liza T had a few issues but I think her footwork section was nice. Great connection to the judges; it fit in perfectly with the theme of the program. She has some ground to make up but I'm almost positive she'll move ahead of Valentina onto the podium.
I expect Carolina to win and Adelina and Liza T to battle for silver and bronze. I'd like to see Adelina get 2nd. I think she could use the confidence boost going into worlds...
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)
1. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 67.61 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) - 64.19 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) - 58.22 Short Program
4. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 57.18 Short Program
5. Joshi HELGESSON (SWE) - 55.04
6. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 54.77 Short Program
7. Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY (FRA) - 53.32 Short Program
8. Nathalie WEINZIERL (GER) - 52.28 Short Program
9. Elena GLEBOVA (EST) - 51.90 Short Program, 2nd Copy
10. Juulia TURKKILA (FIN) - 51.47 Short Program
11. Sonia LAFUENTE (ESP) - 51.07 Short Program
12. Nikol GOSVIANI (RUS) - 50.92 Short Program
13. Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) - 50.79 Short Program
14. Monika SIMANCIKOVA (SVK) - 50.27
15. Kerstin FRANK (AUT) - 49.60
16. Elene GEDEVANISHVILI (GEO) - 48.75 Short Program
17. Anita MADSEN (DEN) - 47.97 Short Program
18. Kaat VAN DAELE (BEL) - 47.18 Short Program
19. Jenna MCCORKELL (GBR) - 47.17 Short Program
20. Fleur MAXWELL (LUX) - 46.66 Short Program
21. Sila SAYGI (TUR) - 46.17 Short Program
22. Tina STUERZINGER (SUI) - 45.73 Short Program
23. Anne Line GJERSEM (NOR) - 45.72 Short Program
24. Natalia POPOVA (UKR) - 45.60
Last edited by Mao88; 01-25-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Just watched it now, That was a great event, adelina was great ! Caro K was lovely even with the fall and I never would have predicted Valentina in third. I cant wait to see the long, i hope eliaveta comes back all guns blazing! her jumps have such perfect technique!