How did it happen that thanks to one person the Euro SP Ladies thread became one more Osmond thread and bashing Caro/Sotnikova thread?
Do not feed trolls, dear Euro folks if you please.
Please say that you don' like young Canadian winning, and stop saying about -Canadianflation, when in my view there is also euro-flation and US-flation and so on and so forth.
Osmond skate very well and is serious contender for a good place at Words, and perhaps for a medal. Saying "flation" won't make it less true.
remind me how did this thread turn into an inflation topic again ?
btw lets cut Omsond some slack she isnt at Euros
And no, Sotnikova is not going to get "buried" by Osmond if they both skate well. Sotnikova's skating basics are superior. Osmond is a better performer and she has a very well-choreographed SP. They should be pretty close.
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)
1. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 67.61 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) - 64.19 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
3. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) - 58.22 Short Program, 2nd Copy
4. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 57.18 Short Program
5. Joshi HELGESSON (SWE) - 55.04 Short Program
6. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 54.77 Short Program, 2nd Copy
7. Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY (FRA) - 53.32 Short Program
8. Nathalie WEINZIERL (GER) - 52.28 Short Program
9. Elena GLEBOVA (EST) - 51.90 Short Program, 2nd Copy
10. Juulia TURKKILA (FIN) - 51.47 Short Program
11. Sonia LAFUENTE (ESP) - 51.07 Short Program
12. Nikol GOSVIANI (RUS) - 50.92 Short Program
13. Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) - 50.79 Short Program
14. Monika SIMANCIKOVA (SVK) - 50.27 Short Program
15. Kerstin FRANK (AUT) - 49.60 Short Program
16. Elene GEDEVANISHVILI (GEO) - 48.75 Short Program
17. Anita MADSEN (DEN) - 47.97 Short Program
18. Kaat VAN DAELE (BEL) - 47.18 Short Program
19. Jenna MCCORKELL (GBR) - 47.17 Short Program
20. Fleur MAXWELL (LUX) - 46.66 Short Program
21. Sila SAYGI (TUR) - 46.17 Short Program
22. Tina STUERZINGER (SUI) - 45.73 Short Program
23. Anne Line GJERSEM (NOR) - 45.72 Short Program
24. Natalia POPOVA (UKR) - 45.60 Short Program
Last edited by Mao88; 01-25-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Last edited by Mao88; 01-25-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Happy for Anne Line from Norway to make her first Euro final. The Danish girl Anita was a new promising skater for me. Nordics will be a good competition for senior ladies
Valentina was priceless in K&C, happy for her. Adelina was fabulous. Carolina is in a league on her own for me despite her fall.
Wallylutz, really; Why don't you start a new thread when you want to discuss Adelina/Kostner versus Osmond? Let the European ladies have their moments here.
I don't agree that Osmondflation is on the same level of Chanflation. Chanflation is going down anyway, and Osmond has never won a competition with a 3-fall program. She fell once at Canadian Nats, yeah, but she was mainly competing against a not-her-best Amelie Lacoste and two younger girls, one not even old enough for senior competition yet!
I just watched Valentina: really wonderful program! It was just as good as her SA performance. There's something about this program when she performs it like this...she really draws you in. I loved it! Hopefully she'll have a strong LP and place 4th. As much as I enjoy her skating, she doesn't have the technical firepower to beat Liza T or Adelina. If one of them has a rough LP Valentina may be able to sneak onto the podium. If not, 4th place is an excellent finish.
ETA: OMG, how cute was she in the K&C? You could tell she was really shocked by her good score. She probably didn't expect to be ahead of Liza T or in the top 3 heading into the LP. I'm so happy for her!
Last edited by kwanatic; 01-25-2013 at 03:33 PM.
I wonder if the purpose of the rules is to set a sufficient level of difficulty for a solo jump? Isn't Carolina's 3Lo entry difficult enough?
Last edited by prettykeys; 01-25-2013 at 03:33 PM.