Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 249

Thread: 2013 Europeans Ladies - Short Program

  1. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    wrong post

  2. #197
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanja90 View Post
    sorry if I didn't read everything...still she meets every requirementa with those turns...it's not me who says this but judges and their scores...
    No need to apologize, we are just discussing. I noticed something curious, brought it up for a discussion, that's it. Clearly, most people here seem to think it meets the requirements, then so be it.

  3. #198
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Kostner is so stunning! She has the best command of the ice and the best expression of any current ladies competitor in the world, IMO. It's a real shame she lost speed on the landing of the 1st triple toe and didn't have enough snap to land the 2nd triple toe in the combination jump pass. This is hands down the best ladies SP in the world this season I believe. LOVE her musicality, the use of her arms, the always exquisite footwork. Her jumps are FIRST RATE when she hits them!

  4. #199
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Treviso, Italy
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    No need to apologize, we are just discussing. I noticed something curious, brought it up for a discussion, that's it. Clearly, most people here seem to think it meets the requirements, then so be it.
    well...it's not only most people here but hundreds of judges who have been in the panel at the competitions she attended...

  5. #200
    EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Co. Tyrone, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,418
    Ever since I joined this forum, I have been avoiding the competition threads, as I thought they would be full of terminology that I didn't understand. But, I strayed into this one today, and I discovered another reason for avoid them!

    For (Triple-)Flip Sake! This isn’t a competition thread. This is a “slag off the Russian teenagers” thread!

    OK, so the descriptions of the routines are very useful, as were the complaints about losing pictures on the live streams. But, the number of comments criticising the Russian girls is getting ridiculous.

    Like, before the competition even started, some people were saying “Oh, Adelina’s going to crack up today”. So, what does she do? She goes out and wins the Short Programme! But instead of congratulating her, these people were saying “Oh, she’ll crack up in the Free instead”

    For goodness sake, give the girl a break! Adelina is one of the best young skaters we have had in recent years. So, why are some people being so critical of her? Are they jealous? Are they trying to destroy her confidence and drag her down?!

    It’s the same with my beloved Liza. Although most of the criticism seems to be directed towards Adelina, Liza is also being described as a “bad skater”! What?! Have you seen her results for the past 4 or 5 years?!

    I know I’ve already said this about Adelina, but Liza is also one of the best young skaters we have had in recent years!

    I remember reading similar unnecessary criticism about the Russian girls before in a different thread shortly after I joined, and I replied saying:

    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    I really hope none of the young Russian girls are reading this thread!
    Well, I re-iterate that here now!

    Earlier on in this thread, I said:

    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    LEAVE NIKOL AND POLINA K ALONE!!! THEY ARE TEENAGE GIRLS - THEY NEED SUPPORT, NOT UNNECESSARY CRITICISM!!!
    Now, I am going to add:

    LEAVE ADELINA AND LIZA ALONE!!! THEY ARE TEENAGE GIRLS - THEY NEED SUPPORT, NOT UNNECESSARY CRITICISM!!!


    Skaters are not robots – they can have off-days like the rest of us. Just look at Carolina Kostner – one day she can be brilliant, but the next day she can be awful.

    Skaters are not infallible – they can make mistakes. And making mistakes is not always a bad thing – it can help them learn.

    Skaters are real people with real feelings.

    So, please think of their feelings before you criticise them unnecessarily!

    Rant over.

    CaroLiza_fan

  6. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    ^

  7. #202
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,033
    Lovely skates by Adelina and Carolina!

    Adelina deservedly smashed her personal best. As for Adelina crashing and burning in the freeskate, I wouldn't call that quite yet. On paper she has harder jumps than Carolina and can afford a mistake or two. I think people were expecting Carolina's PCS to be way higher, but surprising the judges rewarded Adelina for a clean skate and was only 1.5 points back on PCS.

    Kostner's SP was probably the most enjoyable to watch all season. Great speed and camel spins, and she's incorporated more transitions since we last saw this. The fall was unfortunate -- and I'm pretty sure those judges who gave her -2's got a talking to (since a fall is a mandatory -3 deduction in the SP). But otherwise a great skate. I anticipate her winning the free, but Sotnikova might outjump her.
    Last edited by CanadianSkaterGuy; 01-25-2013 at 04:28 PM.

  8. #203
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    Ever since I joined this forum, I have been avoiding the competition threads, as I thought they would be full of terminology that I didn't understand. But, I strayed into this one today, and I discovered another reason for avoid them!

    For (Triple-)Flip Sake! This isn’t a competition thread. This is a “slag off the Russian teenagers” thread!

    OK, so the descriptions of the routines are very useful, as were the complaints about losing pictures on the live streams. But, the number of comments criticising the Russian girls is getting ridiculous.

    Like, before the competition even started, some people were saying “Oh, Adelina’s going to crack up today”. So, what does she do? She goes out and wins the Short Programme! But instead of congratulating her, these people were saying “Oh, she’ll crack up in the Free instead”

    For goodness sake, give the girl a break! Adelina is one of the best young skaters we have had in recent years. So, why are some people being so critical of her? Are they jealous? Are they trying to destroy her confidence and drag her down?!

    It’s the same with my beloved Liza. Although most of the criticism seems to be directed towards Adelina, Liza is also being described as a “bad skater”! What?! Have you seen her results for the past 4 or 5 years?!

    I know I’ve already said this about Adelina, but Liza is also one of the best young skaters we have had in recent years!

    I remember reading similar unnecessary criticism about the Russian girls before in a different thread shortly after I joined, and I replied saying:



    Well, I re-iterate that here now!

    Earlier on in this thread, I said:



    Now, I am going to add:

    LEAVE ADELINA AND LIZA ALONE!!! THEY ARE TEENAGE GIRLS - THEY NEED SUPPORT, NOT UNNECESSARY CRITICISM!!!


    Skaters are not robots – they can have off-days like the rest of us. Just look at Carolina Kostner – one day she can be brilliant, but the next day she can be awful.

    Skaters are not infallible – they can make mistakes. And making mistakes is not always a bad thing – it can help them learn.

    Skaters are real people with real feelings.

    So, please think of their feelings before you criticise them unnecessarily!

    Rant over.

    CaroLiza_fan
    Totally agree with you. It seems sometimes that some people are so perfect themselves and never make any mistakes. I can not understand why people are so angree or may be jealous..In this thread there are more comments with the words that Adelina will melt down for sure than those comments with just congratulations to her. The girl just pulled out a great performance after a very longtime. She got a great score and she is happy with this! why not just try to be happy with her right now no matter what will happen in the LP! even if she melt down in it. It is always better to wish someone luck and to believe than critisize! It is always easy to critisize. But we will see what these beautiful talented and strong girls will reach in the future. and I guess that they will reach a lot because they work hard! and already did a lot concerning their age!just try to be more kind to people!

  9. #204
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,033
    Oh, and I also agree about Carolina's horrid SP dress. The red "hands" wrapping around her waist look so garish and distracting and the skirt looks heavy and frumpy that I'm amazed it doesn't affect her jumps and spins.

  10. #205
    One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Any Other World
    Posts
    864
    Wow at Nathalie Weinzierl at 8. So the German Fed was right in sending her instead of Sarah Hecken. I'm curious if she will skate a good long program and stay in the top 10. That would be great.

  11. #206
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,637
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Not at all, it is clear a clean Osmond will easily be several points higher than Sotnikova. You don't have to believe me, just post a new thread in the Edge with both their SP SBS and ask for people to comment. I am quite underwhelmed by Sotnikova from a PCS standpoint, she looked petrified out there until the very end when she knew she skated clean. Before then, the tension in her face and body really cut into her performance. In contrast, Osmond showed no such tension any point at all and performed to her highest level throughout. On that alone, the PCS score would have buried Stonikova alive.
    To me this is wrong, wrong, wrong. Adelina is a much better skater than Kaetlyn IMO. Kaetlyn is at times sloppy and her presentation is a bit more cheerleader-like. You may be underwhelmed but Adelina is a strong spinner with interesting positions, a powerful jumper, and her choreography is difficult but not overly busy. The look of terror on someone's face should have no impact on PCS. A clean Adelina will place several points ahead of a clean Kaetlyn. Whether Kaetlyn fans agree with that statement in the Edge doesn't matter because none of them are international judges.

  12. #207
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,053
    Like, before the competition even started, some people were saying “Oh, Adelina’s going to crack up today”. So, what does she do? She goes out and wins the Short Programme! But instead of congratulating her, these people were saying “Oh, she’ll crack up in the Free instead”
    I agree. These girls are only 16 and have done pretty good for themselves.

    that's what I get for typing at work.
    Last edited by lavender; 01-25-2013 at 05:54 PM.

  13. #208
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,033
    I agree that on their best skate, Sotnikova should beat Osmond, but not based on TES, but PCS. Osmond arguably has stronger jumps than Sotnikova in her SP. To me Osmond has one of the best 3T-3T combos -- fully rotated, lots of speed and even does transitions going into it. Her triple flip also has preceding steps and doesn't waver inside-outside-inside as Sotnikova or Mao does. And her double axel has a spread eagle entry which makes it more difficult. Sotnikova makes up for it with stronger spins. I think Osmond's jumps should earn more GOE than Sotnikova, but her PCS are deservedly lower.

  14. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I agree that on their best skate, Sotnikova should beat Osmond, but not based on TES, but PCS. Osmond arguably has stronger jumps than Sotnikova in her SP. To me Osmond has one of the best 3T-3T combos -- fully rotated, lots of speed and even does transitions going into it. Her triple flip also has preceding steps and doesn't waver inside-outside-inside as Sotnikova or Mao does. And her double axel has a spread eagle entry which makes it more difficult. Sotnikova makes up for it with stronger spins. I think Osmond's jumps should earn more GOE than Sotnikova, but her PCS are deservedly lower.
    but isn't Osmond mostly a liper ?
    and they both have flutz , not sure also she can rack all those GOE's on all jumps

  15. #210
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,033
    She has occasionally liped but is clearly capable of doing a clean 3F. Her SP at Skate Canada had a clean 3F, but her LP had one clean and one with an edge call. No edge call on her flips at Nebelhorn. No edge calls at Canadians except an 'e' on her lutz (so it's not like there was home ice lenience for her flip). She does receive edge calls on her lutz and needs to get that cleaned up.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •