2A
CCoSp
StSq
LSp

Score: 23.54 + 23.06 - 1.00 = 45.60, in 23rd (out of 35

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Liza is a bad sp skater but Gold is still up for grabs , Adelina holding 1st is uncertain
and Caro and Liza can score 115+ in FS

Icey

Record Breaker
I guess she had an understanding with her coaches that neither would be there (Valentina) with her.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Liza is a bad sp skater but Gold is still up for grabs , Adelina holding 1st is uncertain
and Caro and Liza can score 115+ in FS

One would argue Adelina is a bad SP skater also since she didn't break 60 for a SP internationally since her senior debut. Until today. Just saying

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kostner is still the overwhelming favorite in the LP. She just has to much experience right now compared to the Russian girls.

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Monika SIMANCIKOVA (SVK)

Music: Tango de Amor (from "The Addams Family" musical) by Andrew Lippa

2A
3F - twofooted
FCSp
3T+2T
CCoSp
StSq
LSp

Score: 27.48 + 22.79 = 50.27 (PB), in 14 (out of 36)

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
One would argue Adelina is a bad SP skater also since she didn't break 60 for a SP internationally since her senior debut. Until today. Just saying

If you look both Adelina and Liza , Liza has a bad record of butchering her SP's but she makes up for it in the FS
though Adelina is a hot n cold in her SP or LP's

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Kostner is still the overwhelming favorite in the LP. She's just has to much experience right now compared to the Russian girls.

indeed, if Kostner gets minimal mistakes in LP she will win gold
If Sotnikova makes too much mistakes in LP she will drop to bronze and Liza will win the silver medal

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For the Russian girls this is just another step on their way to getting to the top. If they can medal here they have accomplished a lot already.

Mao88

Record Breaker
Ladies Short Program - Videos & Result

1. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 67.61 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) - 64.19 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) - 58.22
4. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 57.18 Short Program
5. Joshi HELGESSON (SWE) - 55.04
6. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 54.77
7. Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY (FRA) - 53.32
8. Nathalie WEINZIERL (GER) - 52.28 Short Program
9. Elena GLEBOVA (EST) - 51.90 Short Program
10. Juulia TURKKILA (FIN) - 51.47

Finally, oh Finally, at long last, Adelina fulfills her potential!!! A clean program and what a fantastic score. Hallelujah!

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I still can't get over Adelina's joy and emotion. People in the past criticized her for being emotionless in her programs. It's true she started very tense but as the program went by she let herself go with the music and she was amazing. She feels the music and today got the crowd going better than anyone. It's good to see she has plenty of fire, she needs to find a way to cope with her nerves better. Today she was awesome and I am glad I kept my faith in her. When all Russians are at their best, Adelina is the best of the rest

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Adelina's PCS are too high. She's definitely better than Liza's in those area, but so close to Kostner? Kostner's PCS were much lower when she was at Adelina's age suggest Adelina's PCS are quite generous, and wrong.

I really hope that the Helgesson sisters can hold on to their placements (a medal would be even more awesome but that's not really realistic) and earn 3 spots for Sweden so that Isabelle Olson can go to Euros as well next year. :)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Adelina's PCS are too high. She's definitely better than Liza's in those area, but so close to Kostner? Kostner's PCS were much lower when she was at Adelina's age suggest Adelina's PCS are quite generous, and wrong.

I think Adelina's PCS are fine compared to the rest. Most likely it's wrong when Caro's PCS average score is 8, she should get close to 9 IMO

I can't remember the level ever being so high in Ladies at Euros.

30 skaters achieved over 40 points! I wish all of them could qualify. :(

Popova only made the FS because of skating so late and right behind her you got Afonkina (clean but with cheats), Fjodorova (clean but poor presentation) and Rodeghiero (decent jumps and expression).

Tanja90

On the Ice
I think Adelina's PCS are fine compared to the rest. Most likely it's wrong when Caro's PCS average score is 8, she should get close to 9 IMO

agree! places are right...I have sotnikova above carolina just because of the fall but PCS are too close IMO. Carolina really deserves higher components! apart from the fall she was gorgeous. ..she deserves high 9s at least on skating skills! chan, virtue moir, davis white and even volosozhar trankov gets them why carolina doesn't? she has the same quality if not better....I really can't understand it! I wouldn't have valentina so close to tutkamisheva! the russian had a poor outing in comparison while valentina was fantastic! she should have got higher score! I'm fine with placement but everything is open!
Carolina has a wonderful long program and if both her and sotnikova lands their jumps carolina should be on the top by a mile! her bolero cannot be compare to sotnikova program...it's just too good!