Jennifer Dethroned | Golden Skate

Jennifer Dethroned

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Wow what a turn of events the ladies was! That was the most exciting Canadian's ladies event I have seen in years!

A new Canadian woman's champion - Wow!!

chania36

On the Ice
Hi, not to be negative but I always thought that Jennifer was 1st because no one else was better then her and not because she is that great has a skater. She is very slow, she always two foot her jumps, sometimes it is almost like she is stopped on the ice. Yes she has other qualities but some are so bad. I've seen her in person skate and sometimes she look like a rooky, just like someone who just starts skating. She is very very slow, I like it when she chooses a soft and romantic music this is better for her style. I like her anyway.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
chania36:

Canada had quite a "dry" spell in the ladies discipline after Liz moved on and after the golorious Karen Magnussen years. Jennifer, came to the plate and did her best to represent us internationally. No she never really "hit one out of the ball park" so to speak, but she did keep us in the running for a spot on the world team. One has to give her credit for that.

It's true she stayed at the top all those years due to lack of competition from the othere ladies; however, I think things have changed now. It looks like Canada has finally come out of the desert with the ladies event. We have two or three good skaters coming up. Even Annie B. had a good skate this time!

Thanks for the reply.

Spark

Rinkside
chania36 said:
Hi, not to be negative but I always thought that Jennifer was 1st because no one else was better then her and not because she is that great has a skater.

Admittedly, that's true. She's represented Canada well for a long time, because often she was the only female skater who could go out and put down the lutzes, flips and loops. Now she isn't. That's exactly why we're so excited in Canada about the turn of events in the women's competition. We're finally seeing some young, promising hotshots after years of pretty mediocre ladies' nationals competitions. I'm excited about Rochette, Phaneuf, and Leung and I'm looking forward to seeing them progress.