Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pechalat/Bourzat Retire? - nope!

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!

Pechalat/Bourzat Retire? - nope!

So now we've had two sources saying that Nathalie Pechalat is going to hold a press conference in Zagreb announcing their retirement due to Fabian Bourzat's serious injury. :(

The Sport 2 (Russian TV channel) commentator said this on air during Ladies Short Program and Arthur Verner has posted in on his website (thanks to let's talk for bringing this to our attention in the [url=http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?39435-2013-Europeans-Entries&p=702019&viewfull=1#post702019Europeans Entries[/url] thread).

I have put a question mark in the topic title because we won't know for sure until the press conference takes place but there's no reason to think they are both lying, I guess.

I feel really upset by this. They have shown original, interesting, entertaining programs for years and I really wanted them to win an Olympic medal. :(

Banned
    looks like we found the answer to Natahnie's lonely face watching the skaters in Zagreb
    what injury did Fabian get to be that serious. ?

thy are World medalists already, so they have alraedy some others would just dream of
    also explains why B/S got huge scores in pcs at Euros

Oh nooooo :( :( :( Ihope so much this is untrue!

I am praying that it isn't true!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiandorocks View Post
    I am praying that it isn't true!!!
    some unconfirmed others have also hinted why B/P are in Zagreb
    to have a conference for their retirement.

Custom Title
    She just said they are preparing for worlds. I have no idea who starts these rumors?

Banned
    No, first was A. Verner who posted the said info on his site and then the R-commentator "announced" it in the broadcast. In any case the chronology doesn't matter. Both sources are nutjobs and A.Verner already deleted the said message on his site.

Let's wait for the official annoouncement if any follows.

Banned
    or didnt really retire based on what she said on conference

Custom Title
    Tatjana Flade ‏@Tatjana21
    Who spread stupid rumours on N. Pechalat/F. Bourzat's retirement? They are not retiring but will prepare for Worlds.

According to FSU, someone from French federation did confirm that Fabian's recovering with no problem and P/B will be prepared by Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    According to FSU, someone from French federation did confirm that Fabian's recovering with no problem and P/B will be prepared by Worlds.
    I pray this is the truth, I think I've broken my record of refreshing this site the last 30 minutes for updates

Custom Title
    Who is Arthur Verner?

Custom Title
    I thought they were going to world's; I think they want an olympic medal and orginally it looked like they were going to be past by two or three Russians, another Canadian and American teams as well as the Italians. Now it looks like they will hold on to the world bronze and maybe eek out a medal at oly's. They ahve had some orignial programs and such but never quality wise been my favourite team. I hope they don't have to retire due to injury that's for sure. But they seem to be in way better shape than Weaver and Poje. Things may work out that the Italians and Russians can capture this opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    Who is Arthur Verner?
    Possibly related to Tomas Verner?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Possibly related to Tomas Verner?
    If that's the case it's weird that someone close to Tomas would give this kind of false information. And even if it would have been true, it's still wrong.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast