Pechalat/Bourzat Retire? - nope! | Golden Skate

Pechalat/Bourzat Retire? - nope!

So now we've had two sources saying that Nathalie Pechalat is going to hold a press conference in Zagreb announcing their retirement due to Fabian Bourzat's serious injury. :(

The Sport 2 (Russian TV channel) commentator said this on air during Ladies Short Program and Arthur Verner has posted in on his website (thanks to let's talk for bringing this to our attention in the thread).

I have put a question mark in the topic title because we won't know for sure until the press conference takes place but there's no reason to think they are both lying, I guess.

I feel really upset by this. They have shown original, interesting, entertaining programs for years and I really wanted them to win an Olympic medal. :(

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
looks like we found the answer to Natahnie's lonely face watching the skaters in Zagreb
what injury did Fabian get to be that serious. ?

thy are World medalists already, so they have alraedy some others would just dream of
also explains why B/S got huge scores in pcs at Euros

let`s talk

Match Penalty
No, first was A. Verner who posted the said info on his site and then the R-commentator "announced" it in the broadcast. In any case the chronology doesn't matter. Both sources are nutjobs and A.Verner already deleted the said message on his site. :biggrin:

Let's wait for the official annoouncement if any follows.

Kalina

On the Ice
Tatjana Flade ‏@Tatjana21
Who spread stupid rumours on N. Pechalat/F. Bourzat's retirement? They are not retiring but will prepare for Worlds.

According to FSU, someone from French federation did confirm that Fabian's recovering with no problem and P/B will be prepared by Worlds.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
According to FSU, someone from French federation did confirm that Fabian's recovering with no problem and P/B will be prepared by Worlds.

I pray this is the truth, I think I've broken my record of refreshing this site the last 30 minutes for updates

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I thought they were going to world's; I think they want an olympic medal and orginally it looked like they were going to be past by two or three Russians, another Canadian and American teams as well as the Italians. Now it looks like they will hold on to the world bronze and maybe eek out a medal at oly's. They ahve had some orignial programs and such but never quality wise been my favourite team. I hope they don't have to retire due to injury that's for sure. But they seem to be in way better shape than Weaver and Poje. Things may work out that the Italians and Russians can capture this opportunity.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Thanks Mirunna. Now that explains it, some "russians" are most likely hoping they'll retire:p
:laugh: No, I don't think so. The persona in question lives in Germany for decades, originally indeed was born in the USSR, later immigrated from the USSR under the "Jew visa", i.e. currently is not a Russian passport holder. I don't really know the details and don't care. He is quite a good hater of Russian skaters, to be fair not Russians only. Just a hater. I don't know what his problem is. In any case he is not media but somehow he is still in contact with some fs folks. Have no idea why they are in contact with him.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Nathalie & Fabian ‏@PechalatBourzat
Focus on the World Championships !
5:18 PM - 25 Jan 13​

:agree: