2013 Europeans Ice Dance - Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Ice Dance - Free Dance

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Protocols

I/K got level 2 for spin, 3 and 2 for steps. They could have taken gold if they had fixed this.

B/S got level 3 and 2 for steps, rest 4. C/L received the same.

Yes, C/L do not have the speed and power that B/S and I/K do. They gave a strong, clean performance but their elements weren't really "big".

But they clearly and undoubtedly had the most complex free dance. A lot of closed holds, a lot of connecting footwork, rich and detailed sophisticated movement.

And what did B/S and I/K show? Empty programs with hardly anything happening in between the elements. B/S weren't that bad but that "program" from I/K is just a joke. I mean they are stroking - pretty much apart - from one element to another. This is supposed to be ice-dancing?

Seeing C/L actually win the TES (which I did not expect) but receive lower PCS than those crap routines is just :rolleye:. SS I would agree with, PE could be close but everything else no way.

Overall the various strengths that B/S and I/K have could be enough for 1st and 2nd. And they did deserve to beat C/L in the SD. But those FD PCS are just not right. :/

gmyers

Record Breaker
If only the Russian fed wasn't so dumb as to keep putting b/s as Russian champs maybe I/k could have won! They are so dumb to keep putting b/s as champs. They got nothing! Lost the fd!

gmyers

Record Breaker
B/s should be getting r/t pcs but b/s are Russian champs- the number one team. The Russian nationals judges need to get it right!

Out of all the terrible Morozov programs, I/K's FD is by far the worst. :/

B/s should be getting r/t pcs but b/s are Russian champs- the number one team. The Russian nationals judges need to get it right!

Huh? B/S' skating is at a completely different level to R/T.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Kustarova must be SO overjoyed right now.

BTW did anyone catch what the crowd was chanting after the ice dance medal ceremony?

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Medal ceremony was awesome! Catherine the Great was singing the Russian anthem as some rock star! :clap:

So refreshing to see the attitude that after mouring and stony faces that we normaly have to deal with at MC. Thanks! :bow:

galchonok1729

Rinkside
Yes, C/L do not have the speed and power that B/S and I/K do. They gave a strong, clean performance but their elements weren't really "big".

But they clearly and undoubtedly had the most complex free dance. A lot of closed holds, a lot of connecting footwork, rich and detailed sophisticated movement.

And what did B/S and I/K show? Empty programs with hardly anything happening in between the elements. B/S weren't that bad but that "program" from I/K is just a joke. I mean they are stroking - pretty much apart - from one element to another. This is supposed to be ice-dancing?

Seeing C/L actually win the TES (which I did not expect) but receive lower PCS than those crap routines is just :rolleye:. SS I would agree with, PE could be close but everything else no way.

Overall the various strengths that B/S and I/K have could be enough for 1st and 2nd. And they did deserve to beat C/L in the SD. But those FD PCS are just not right. :/

AGAIN no transitions in the russian sportsmen's performances. And you said that you were not biased against russians! but you are obviously are! or may be it is just necessary for you to watch the dances carefully to finally notice that they don't lack the transitions at all)))Common!!just try to be objective sometimes!!!and do not cry all the time that it was not fair, there was a conspiracy, the judges were bought, it is not fair..it is getting to be boring and tireful..no evidence just empty unproved words!and it is somehow rude to my mind to call the masterpeace as the BS' programm crappy just because you can not accept the result!

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I&K were robbed. What a joke figure skating judging has become. No wonder the sport is almost dead. Bobrova & Soloviev are a joke, a terrible terible team who is only contenders due to politics.

I don't fully understand what you mean by this but I'd like to say that even if I don't watch dancing and I don't understand a lot of stuff in this discipline of skating, but I think I/K should have been 1. I don't like either team, but I appreciated the easiness of I/K...
PS - program wise, the italians were better, but their skating had no such flow as I/K

gmyers

Record Breaker
Out of all the terrible Morozov programs, I/K's FD is by far the worst. :/

Huh? B/S' skating is at a completely different level to R/T.

Not the performance or interpretation or execution or most of pcs categories. I/k beat them deservedly and b/s score was too high.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I don't fully understand what you mean by this but I'd like to say that even if I don't watch dancing and I don't understand a lot of stuff in this discipline of skating, but I think I/K should have been 1. I don't like either team, but I appreciated the easiness of I/K...
PS - program wise, the italians were better, but their skating had no such flow as I/K

and I/K were really fast in the ice
just less than .10 of a point separating from B/S

Mao88

Record Breaker
FREE DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 169.25 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
2. Elena ILINYKH & Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) - 169.14 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
3. Anna CAPPELLINI & Luca LANOTTE (ITA) - 165.80 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
4. Ekaterina RIAZANOVA & Ilia TKACHENKO (RUS) - 157.77 Free Dance
5. Penny COOMES & Nicholas BUCKLAND (GBR) - 152.95
6. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA & Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 147.28
7. Julia ZLOBINA & Alexei SITNIKOV (AZE) - 144.83
8. Tanja KOLBE & Stefano CARUSO (GER) - 142.54
9. Charlene GUIGNARD & Marco FABBRI (ITA) - 142.48
10. Pernelle CARRON & Lloyd JONES (FRA) - 140.00
11. Irina SHTORK & Taavi RAND (EST) - 132.90
12. Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY & Dmitri DUN (UKR) - 129.36
13. Alisa AGAFONOVA & Alper UCAR (TUR) - 127.59
14. Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA & Neil BROWN (CZE) - 124.62
15. Sara HURTADO & Adria DIAZ (ESP) - 124.26
16. Zsuzsanna NAGY & Mate FEJES (HUN) - 117.60
17. Federica TESTA & Lukas CSOLLEY (SVK) - 114.62
18. Ramona ELSENER & Florian ROOST (SUI) - 113.29
19. Olesia KARMI & Max LINDHOLM (FIN) - 110.92
20. Angelina TELEGINA & Otar JAPARIDZE (GEO) - 107.26

Medal Ceremony

Videos By Way Of Warm-Up Group: Group 2

AGAIN no transitions in the russian sportsmen's performances. And you said that you were not biased against russians! but you are obviously are!

Yes, I am very biased against the Russians. That's why I praised their SD performances at length and that's why I am able to find tons of positive points about their FD performances despite the actual programs being terrible. Right. Totally makes sense.

I never said that there is a conspiracy or that the judging has been bought so please don't insert those words into my mouth.

I guess not having an argument means you have to resort to personal remarks. Feel free to point the transitions out to me if you find any (you will in B/S' routine but good luck with I/K's "program" ;)).

C/L skated most of the dance closely together, had a lot of connecting footwork and closed holds. B/S didn't. I/K mostly showed shadow skating and stroking which is just ridiculous at this level.

Last edited:

noidont

Final Flight
What's the problem with I/K's spins? Why only level 2? They have what looks to my eyes the best combo spins in ice dance around?

galchonok1729

Rinkside
No, I am simply describing what I see.

ok but you say is as if it is a true fact may be trying to brainwash other people))))but I see the programms full of transitions and with a great new interesting stories while Carmen is a little bit overused..still it does not give me a right to call the CL' programm crappy because they are not and because I respect those sportsmen and can see good sides of their work and performances trying to be objective!it is easy to insult someone or something..just because...as you do..so I even do not need to watch the performances and read your observations on them that you do))because I know beforehand what they will be like..)))

jamie

On the Ice
forget it not even close for R/T , lol
Ehm, did the Brits just beat all of the Russian teams on TES???:laugh::laugh:

I loved Bobrova as a junior but they are just so DULL most of the time, she still hunches, and their hold is even more gapped than than their junior days.

I&K would be great away from Morozov, that is the most horrific parody of a program since ABBABrits.

Caplan were a little flat but they still deserve the win IMHO.

There were no voids - yet another forgettable Euro dance :(

Last edited: