2013 Europeans Ice Dance - Free Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Ice Dance - Free Dance

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I ma beginning to get used to I/K FD
but the second half especially the ending sound is beyond atrocious I still have to mute

what music was that ? looks like a mixed of different musics put together

jamie

On the Ice
C/L skated most of the dance closely together, had a lot of connecting footwork and closed holds. B/S didn't. I/K mostly showed shadow skating and stroking which is just ridiculous at this level.
Exactly. Brits barely had a "Hold" and managed to get second highest TES, so apparently the "Dance" hold isn't necessary in ice DANCE! :p

but I see the programms full of transitions and with a great new interesting stories

I mean it's all relative of course but again: C/L had more closed holds and more connecting footwork in between the elements. It's a fact, whichever way you look at it. If you don't believe me, re-watch the FDs.

while Carmen is a little bit overused..

Music being overused is not part of the PCS criteria.

I respect those sportsmen and can see good sides of their work and performances trying to be objective!

Which is why I have written about both the negative and the positive aspects of B/S and I/K's performances.

Let me recap:

B/S and I/K have better basic skating.
B/S and I/K have "bigger" elements.
B/S and I/K have less complex choreography.
B/S and I/K have far less transitions.

Exactly. Brits barely had a "Hold" and managed to get second highest TES, so apparently the "Dance" hold isn't necessary in ice DANCE! :p

'Speed skaters on crack.' :p

TES is just the elements. Dance holds or the lack of them should get reflected in the TR marks.

Last edited:

jamie

On the Ice
'Speed skaters on crack.' :p

TES is just the elements. Dance holds or the lack of them should get reflected in the TR marks.
I'm aware of that, but I disagree with it. I think dance holds should have an effect accross the board on SS especially, since a lack of hold highlights a lack of SKILL IMHO, it also relates to choreogrphy and IN IMO.

It should effect TES execution IMO if lifts come off a tight hold, or Steps include tight holds, it makes it so much harder to gain speed and obviously enter into the elements.

I'm aware of that, but I disagree with it. I think dance holds should have an effect accross the board on SS especially, since a lack of hold highlights a lack of SKILL IMHO, it also relates to choreogrphy and IN IMO.

It should effect TES execution IMO if lifts come off a tight hold, or Steps include tight holds, it makes it so much harder to gain speed and obviously enter into the elements.

ITA.

Much easier to maintain speed and flow if you're skating apart.

Finally you told us the truth)))

The truth is you can't deal with your skaters being criticised hence you're getting personal instead of actually making a single argument to try to prove your case.

The fact I am constructively criticising Russian skaters for things that deserve to be criticised does not make me biased. It makes me objective.

You seem to be conveniently ignoring that I've praised Russian skaters at length for things that deserve to be praised.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Medal ceremony was awesome! Catherine the Great was singing the Russian anthem as some rock star! :clap:

So refreshing to see the attitude that after mouring and stony faces that we normaly have to deal with at MC. Thanks! :bow:

Agreed.

Congrats to B/S, I/K and Anna/Luca (Love their Carmen). Very happy looking podium!

galchonok1729

Rinkside
The truth is you can't deal with your skaters being criticised hence you're getting personal instead of actually making a single argument to try to prove your case.

The fact I am constructively criticising Russian skaters for things that deserve to be criticised does not make me biased. It makes me objective.

You seem to be conveniently ignoring that I've praised Russian skaters at length for things that deserve to be praised.

Yes I think tjat BS and IK as well as CL should be all praised for their great performances today) and yes I am happy that BS won!and that Russia got this gold) but I am happy that they deserved it)or may be I should not?)))

What constructive things did you say? that it is easier to skate faster and with deeper ages when you are skating far apart each other?oh yes the distance between the dancers of the 3 couples was huge..)) may be you counted the number of transitions in all the 3 programms and gave us the evidence that in this case CL were much superior to BS and IK?)or was it me who called the programms of BS and IK EMPTY and CRAPPY??))yes it was really constructive..
so try to look at yourself first while asking others to be so or so..

You just keep seeing the things that you want to see and ignoring the things that you don't want to.

I could repeat myself again but what is the point.

Last edited:

Mao88

Record Breaker
FREE DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 169.25 Free Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Elena ILINYKH & Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) - 169.14 Free Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
3. Anna CAPPELLINI & Luca LANOTTE (ITA) - 165.80 Free Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Ekaterina RIAZANOVA & Ilia TKACHENKO (RUS) - 157.77 Free Dance
5. Penny COOMES & Nicholas BUCKLAND (GBR) - 152.95
6. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA & Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 147.28
7. Julia ZLOBINA & Alexei SITNIKOV (AZE) - 144.83 Free Dance
8. Tanja KOLBE & Stefano CARUSO (GER) - 142.54
9. Charlene GUIGNARD & Marco FABBRI (ITA) - 142.48
10. Pernelle CARRON & Lloyd JONES (FRA) - 140.00
11. Irina SHTORK & Taavi RAND (EST) - 132.90
12. Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY & Dmitri DUN (UKR) - 129.36
13. Alisa AGAFONOVA & Alper UCAR (TUR) - 127.59
14. Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA & Neil BROWN (CZE) - 124.62
15. Sara HURTADO & Adria DIAZ (ESP) - 124.26
16. Zsuzsanna NAGY & Mate FEJES (HUN) - 117.60
17. Federica TESTA & Lukas CSOLLEY (SVK) - 114.62
18. Ramona ELSENER & Florian ROOST (SUI) - 113.29
19. Olesia KARMI & Max LINDHOLM (FIN) - 110.92
20. Angelina TELEGINA & Otar JAPARIDZE (GEO) - 107.26

Medal Ceremony

Videos By Way Of Warm-Up Group: Group 2

Last edited:
as well as you do..

I will try again.

There are a lot of positive aspects to B/S and I/K's skating. I have listed them at length so calling me 'biased' is ridiculous.

The problem isn't with their skating ability or technical ability, they are both excellent teams.

The problem is with the programs. B/S I have some reservations about. It's a very interesting concept but they way it's been executed falls short. The program is quite open, the Tosca part seems tacked on and their movements don't really reflect the racing music during that part. It has some good moments as well, I just wish the choreography as a whole was more detailed.

I/K's FD however just doesn't cut it at this level. It is not acceptable to only have open holds (or skating apart) and simple turns whilst skating far apart from each other, as a top senior couple. So yes, I can call that program crappy because showing something like this is just an insult. And they really deserve better. I mean they are the team who has shown the incredible, stunning Schindler's List/Fiddler on the Roof FD.

Last edited:

Loulou

Spectator
I will try again.

I have listed them at length so calling me 'biased' is ridiculous.

The problem is with the programs. .

Hm... You declair yourself to be objective. But still critisizing the Russians only. Wouldn't you like to give your idea of C/L's disadvantages not to sound so.... biased?

Hm... You declair yourself to be objective. But still critisizing the Russians only. Wouldn't you like to give your idea of C/L's disadvantages not to sound so.... biased?

Less speed, quite shallow edges, expression a little muted.

Loulou

Spectator
Less speed, quite shallow edges, expression a little muted.

Wow. Your explanations about Russians' minuses were much more diffuse. What about C\L's shabby FD? At least Russians are trying something new. For me it's an insult to claim gold with such a trite dance with poor skating skills.
I like C\L in general, I think they are bright and artistic. But they will never win unless Russians give them the victory themselves.

Corrected ;)

Last edited: