The fact I am constructively criticising Russian skaters for things that deserve to be criticised does not make me biased. It makes me objective.
You seem to be conveniently ignoring that I've praised Russian skaters at length for things that deserve to be praised.
Last edited by Ziggy; 01-25-2013 at 04:55 PM.
What constructive things did you say? that it is easier to skate faster and with deeper ages when you are skating far apart each other?oh yes the distance between the dancers of the 3 couples was huge..)) may be you counted the number of transitions in all the 3 programms and gave us the evidence that in this case CL were much superior to BS and IK?)or was it me who called the programms of BS and IK EMPTY and CRAPPY??))yes it was really constructive..
so try to look at yourself first while asking others to be so or so..
You just keep seeing the things that you want to see and ignoring the things that you don't want to.
I could repeat myself again but what is the point.
Last edited by Ziggy; 01-25-2013 at 05:14 PM.
FREE DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)
1. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 169.25 Free Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Elena ILINYKH & Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) - 169.14 Free Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
3. Anna CAPPELLINI & Luca LANOTTE (ITA) - 165.80 Free Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Ekaterina RIAZANOVA & Ilia TKACHENKO (RUS) - 157.77 Free Dance
5. Penny COOMES & Nicholas BUCKLAND (GBR) - 152.95
6. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA & Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 147.28
7. Julia ZLOBINA & Alexei SITNIKOV (AZE) - 144.83 Free Dance
8. Tanja KOLBE & Stefano CARUSO (GER) - 142.54
9. Charlene GUIGNARD & Marco FABBRI (ITA) - 142.48
10. Pernelle CARRON & Lloyd JONES (FRA) - 140.00
11. Irina SHTORK & Taavi RAND (EST) - 132.90
12. Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY & Dmitri DUN (UKR) - 129.36
13. Alisa AGAFONOVA & Alper UCAR (TUR) - 127.59
14. Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA & Neil BROWN (CZE) - 124.62
15. Sara HURTADO & Adria DIAZ (ESP) - 124.26
16. Zsuzsanna NAGY & Mate FEJES (HUN) - 117.60
17. Federica TESTA & Lukas CSOLLEY (SVK) - 114.62
18. Ramona ELSENER & Florian ROOST (SUI) - 113.29
19. Olesia KARMI & Max LINDHOLM (FIN) - 110.92
20. Angelina TELEGINA & Otar JAPARIDZE (GEO) - 107.26
Videos By Way Of Warm-Up Group: Group 2
Last edited by Mao88; 01-25-2013 at 05:49 PM.
There are a lot of positive aspects to B/S and I/K's skating. I have listed them at length so calling me 'biased' is ridiculous.
The problem isn't with their skating ability or technical ability, they are both excellent teams.
The problem is with the programs. B/S I have some reservations about. It's a very interesting concept but they way it's been executed falls short. The program is quite open, the Tosca part seems tacked on and their movements don't really reflect the racing music during that part. It has some good moments as well, I just wish the choreography as a whole was more detailed.
I/K's FD however just doesn't cut it at this level. It is not acceptable to only have open holds (or skating apart) and simple turns whilst skating far apart from each other, as a top senior couple. So yes, I can call that program crappy because showing something like this is just an insult. And they really deserve better. I mean they are the team who has shown the incredible, stunning Schindler's List/Fiddler on the Roof FD.
Last edited by Ziggy; 01-25-2013 at 05:46 PM.
I like C\L in general, I think they are bright and artistic. But they will never win unless Russians give them the victory themselves.
Last edited by Loulou; 01-25-2013 at 06:05 PM.
LD? You meant FD?