Thread: IceNetwork and ISU Events

Hybrid View

Custom Title

News IceNetwork and ISU Events

So I guess it's a little jumping the gun when I don't know exactly what this will mean, but Phil Hersh JUST announced on twitter that IceNetwork has acquired the rights to all ISU events. He said there will be more later on about what that actually means for US fans.

Could this mean that my subscription is about to get a whole lot better?!? I'll be very interested to know...

What it also says to me is that IceNetwork video coverage has met or exceeded IceNetworks expectations. At least that's part of what I'm interpreting.

Custom Title
    He's starting to tweet some other stuff too like US will bid for 2016 worlds and how the team event will be chosen...

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    The full (and lengthy) press release from US Figure Skating regarding broadcast rights is here:

(I had posted it earlier in another thread, but seems worth adding to samson's new one too.)

Custom Title
    Ah I MISSED your earlier post! Thanks for reposting!!

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    No worries, samson. [It was only a tiny bit earlier that I had added the link to the existing IN thread within the U.S. Nats forum. Was not suggesting that it should have been obvious to anyone. We're all in the same boat: so many threads, so little time ... ]

And thanks for the alerts on the other topics on which Hersh is reporting.

skating philosopher
    This is great news! Glad that Ice Network got the U.S. rights because quite frankly it sucked to have to search for streams when I have a Ice Network subscription.
    Do find it sad that NBC is curtailing its Grand Prix coverage....even though I can watch it online, I still like watching it on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    This is great news! Glad that Ice Network got the U.S. rights because quite frankly it sucked to have to search for streams when I have a Ice Network subscription.
    Do find it sad that NBC is curtailing its Grand Prix coverage....even though I can watch it online, I still like watching it on TV.
    wait, NBC won't show the grand prix anymore?! no wonder nobody pays attention to skating anymore...

anyway, that's great about icenetwork. i've been a subscriber since the very beginning (i also miss how they used to show junior worlds, at least in 08 they did, so hopefully they will broadcast it again). but, it probably also means the subscription is going to be more expensive, but i guess we'll see. i'll be purchasing it either way.