IceNetwork and ISU Events | Golden Skate

IceNetwork and ISU Events

samson

Medalist
So I guess it's a little jumping the gun when I don't know exactly what this will mean, but Phil Hersh JUST announced on twitter that IceNetwork has acquired the rights to all ISU events. He said there will be more later on about what that actually means for US fans.

Could this mean that my subscription is about to get a whole lot better?!? I'll be very interested to know...

What it also says to me is that IceNetwork video coverage has met or exceeded IceNetworks expectations. At least that's part of what I'm interpreting.

samson

Medalist
He's starting to tweet some other stuff too like US will bid for 2016 worlds and how the team event will be chosen...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
No worries, samson. [It was only a tiny bit earlier that I had added the link to the existing IN thread within the U.S. Nats forum. Was not suggesting that it should have been obvious to anyone. We're all in the same boat: so many threads, so little time ... ;)]

And thanks for the alerts on the other topics on which Hersh is reporting.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This is great news! Glad that Ice Network got the U.S. rights because quite frankly it sucked to have to search for streams when I have a Ice Network subscription.
Do find it sad that NBC is curtailing its Grand Prix coverage....even though I can watch it online, I still like watching it on TV.

macy

Record Breaker
This is great news! Glad that Ice Network got the U.S. rights because quite frankly it sucked to have to search for streams when I have a Ice Network subscription.
Do find it sad that NBC is curtailing its Grand Prix coverage....even though I can watch it online, I still like watching it on TV.

wait, NBC won't show the grand prix anymore?! no wonder nobody pays attention to skating anymore...

anyway, that's great about icenetwork. i've been a subscriber since the very beginning (i also miss how they used to show junior worlds, at least in 08 they did, so hopefully they will broadcast it again). but, it probably also means the subscription is going to be more expensive, but i guess we'll see. i'll be purchasing it either way.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I expect the subscription will be going up but if it means having the GP back and also Worlds and 4CC it will be worth it. :thumbsup: