Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies LP

Hybrid View

2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies LP

January 26, 2013 5:45 pm Central Time

So excited!
    Last edited by Reginald; 01-28-2013 at 04:44 AM.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar

Good luck, ladies!

Custom Title
    It looks like Christina has to skate first in the final group.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    January 26, 2013 5:45 pm Central Time

Now ladies, remember that the only thing that matters is whether or not you rotate your jumps.
    That's been the rule for a few years now. It's not like anyone should be surprised by that.

Is Ashley planning to do a 3F-3T? Or at least 2A-3T? She was saying back in September that she had been practising them and that she would like to perform these combos.
    However she's not doing them even in official practises at nationals. Do you think she'll go for them at 4cc or worlds? Is it a good idea? Or will she likely do not perform them at all this season?

Custom Title
    Ashley seems to be taking the approach that she doesn't need them at Nationals. But she will need one at least at Worlds.

With the hip pointer and illness she may not feel up to it training wise, but she needs to show she can do it... Or stop talking about it.

Custom Title
    I wouldn't have said this a week ago, but I have a feeling that Mirai is going to walk away with this championship. Ashley seems content to just skate clean since her spot on the world team is virtually assured. Mirai seems like she means business this week and really wants to outjump the competition.

Tripping on the Podium
    Assuming the latest NBC-east stream does not get taken down before tonight, the ladies freeskate will be live at 8PM Eastern. The one subscription service I use has streams on a number of sites like Justin, ILive, etc, so that when one gets taken down, another can be put back up in a few hours. Different websites have different schedules. The subscription website I use now has the Ladies Free starting at 8PM, while the schedule listings at another website have them starting at 9PM Eastern. Which one is right, I don't know, but the ladies freeskate will be on NBC's eastern feed live at either 8PM or 9PM eastern time, depending on which schedule is right.

Custom Title
    I know what you mean, she has looked good from the practices. But I hope the top group is very competitive. I don't just want to see one skater skate away with the title.

It is ironic that the top two skaters from two years ago(Alissa and Rachel) are now out of skating all together.

Could someone please post a link to the live results from the USFS site? I'm on my phone and I can't pull it up.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    It is ironic that the top two skaters from two years ago(Alissa and Rachel) are now out of skating all together.
    Well, neither has retired.

Whether either is healthy and able to compete next season remains to be seen ....

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I wouldn't have said this a week ago, but I have a feeling that Mirai is going to walk away with this championship. Ashley seems content to just skate clean since her spot on the world team is virtually assured. Mirai seems like she means business this week and really wants to outjump the competition.
    Mirai has been rumored to be practicing a 3F + 3T in practice. Since she skates last, she'll know if she needs it or not. If Agnes hits then she'll definitely need it if she wants to go to worlds. I'm not to sure about how it looks though. Ashley really needs to put in a 3 + 3 because she doesn't stand a chance on the world stage if Kostner, Kim and Asada are in top form.

If Mirai throws in her 3 F + 3T it will drastically change her program right? She'll probably keep the the 2A + 3T, so she'd repeat her flip, loop and toe twice. So she would probably have to change the loop to a salchow which we know she doesn't have. So logistically, her team will have to works something out.

Custom Title
    Whom will NBC Sports show? The best twelve ladies after SP?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast