Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies LP

Custom Title
    Whom will NBC Sports show? The best twelve ladies after SP?

Rinkside
    I think it's unlikely Mirai will change up her program. Assuming she doesn't have a salchow, the only way she'd gain any points is to substitute a Flip for a Lutz AND change around her combinations (she'll need a Lutz combination and a loop combination in addition to the 3F-3T). It would change around her layout way too much.

I think she'll just have to skate with what she's got to the best of her ability and really sell the program. If she skates like that, her program really could be described as regal.

Quote Originally Posted by willdu View Post
    Mirai has been rumored to be practicing a 3F + 3T in practice. Since she skates last, she'll know if she needs it or not. If Agnes hits then she'll definitely need it if she wants to go to worlds. I'm not to sure about how it looks though. Ashley really needs to put in a 3 + 3 because she doesn't stand a chance on the world stage if Kostner, Kim and Asada are in top form.

If Mirai throws in her 3 F + 3T it will drastically change her program right? She'll probably keep the the 2A + 3T, so she'd repeat her flip, loop and toe twice. So she would probably have to change the loop to a salchow which we know she doesn't have. So logistically, her team will have to works something out.

Custom Title
    I agree, Mirai's content is good enough here as is. She just needs to rotate everything, particularly in the 2nd half when she sometimes has trouble.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Laney Diggs' all-doubles programs looked pretty enough. But her Spanish medley was one piece of music made iconic by Michelle Kwan followed by another that Sasha skated to perfection and all I could think of at some points were the exact moves that Michelle and Sasha did at those moments in the music. Made Laney's skating looks like molasses during those parts. Wonder if it was the same for the judges and the audience...

Anyone else watching these early skaters on icenetwork?

On the Ice
    I'm watching, but I guess we won't get to see much of this next group. It's soon time for the switch over to NBC.

Custom Title
    Checking in! Can't wait to witness who will be crowned the next U.S. ladies champion. Wishing all of the ladies good luck!

.... here's NBC.

Wowee. If I were a judge I wouldn't be able to judge Meryl and Charlie properly. I'd just be swept away.
    Last edited by Layfan; 01-26-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Custom Title
    And of course NBC rehashes what went on a couple days ago instead of showing actual live skating. Man they suck.

Custom Title
    Here we have the Live Results...

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...0/results.html

This page is like that from ISU, with the live scores...

I wonder why they don't have the normal commentating team on NBC.

Edit: Oh nevermind, hearing them now.

Custom Title

Well, after watching Mirai's short on TV rather than on a small computer screen I changed my mind about her performance. I think she put everything she could into performing the music and reaching out to the audience. Still not in love with the program itself but Mirai was swell.

On the Ice
    I didn't even realize Mirai was sick the other night. I hope she's feeling better for tonight.

Rinkside
    Good luck to the ladies.. Mirai <3

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mateusp1 View Post
    You're awesome. It works for me. Thanks!

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast