2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies LP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies LP

aftertherain

Record Breaker
GO CAROLINE! Don't let the SP score affect your performance!

(Dang, Scott and Sandra are on Caroline's side in terms of her SP score!)

ETA: She's attacking with this program. I'm pretty sure she's determined and pissed.

Last edited:

Robeye

Final Flight
This should be fun :popcorn:.

The things I'm looking for:

-Ashley should win, but I'm more interested in getting a sense of how she wins. Is she peaking and looking like she's chomping at the bit to mix it up with the world's best? Can she send a sharp-edged "message" skate to the other top-skaters and the judges that she is not to be ignored?

-Can Gracie demonstrate one of the marks of a champion, that she's got the sand to lay down a thumping free skate after a somewhat disappointing SP, all under some real pressure? (this aint Juniors anymore, and based on the interviews, it seems that the realization that she's now playing for keeps has finally sunk in)

-I'd love to see Mirai show that she's not going to let her career slowly dribble away, but is ready and willing to take back her place in the skating firmament. She's got to do it now. She's not the spring chicken on the block anymore.

willdu

On the Ice
Scott: "If its not visible to the audience..." on Caroline's underrotated loop loop in the short.

Krislite

Medalist
"Many felt that the judging was harsh"! (commenting about Caroline's SP) Tell it Sandra! :)

Kissx3

Final Flight
Caroline is on fire. She really came prepared for nationals.

Please don't let them bury her again, she's so happy.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Caroline Zhang

New black dress, an improvement...

3F+2T
3Lz - e, still hammertoe
2A
FCSp
StSq - bit slow compared to the music
3Lo+2T+2Lo
3F+2T
2A
3Lo
ChSq - nice spiral
CCoSp
LSp

Strong skate, clean on the jumps! Nice to see. Doesn't perform much, but I hope she doesn't get dinged on too many UR's.

sask8

Rinkside
Great skate Caroline...although I think she under-rotated her 3L jump combination

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Oh my goodness ... Scott is crying after Caroline's performance.

SCOTT AND SANDRA LOVE CAROLINE TODAY.

I DON'T CARE IF HER JUMPS WERE RATIFIED EITHER, SANDRA. That was SUCH a lovely performance!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I'm thrilled for Caroline! I'm happy she can deliver clean programs now so she can focus on working to get that little bit more rotation on her jumps so she can find herself competing for a podium position again.

If this doesn't score 100+ I'm going to scream.