2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies LP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies LP

katymay

Medalist
Oh wow I loved her spread eagles!!! Reminded me of Jonathan Cassar. Amazing.

Honestly, I have not seen a decent spread eagle since Cohen... I have seen an awful lot of very bad elusions this competition. Arg. (Or 'alusions')

jamie

On the Ice
Wow...132+ for Gold....only Kim (I believe) has had a higher FS score this year. Can anyone verify this? Kim scored 145+ in her FS at Korean Nationals.
Silly scores again dished out at US nationals. Do the American's not want their three spots back? By dishing out ridiculous scores that these girls will never achieve internationally they are doing them a complete disservice. It's like Jordan Wieber being given crazy beam scores in the US only to find that her routine (beam) wasn't actually good enough at the Olympics. If the girls were scored fairly, (Gold with 6's/7's and a 120 max for her FP) she would have clear areas to work on and skater's with far better components (Nagasu/Wagner) would not be in danger of losing a place on the world team where international judges would likely score them well.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
The scoring seems to be a little more generous today. Mirai should have no problem getting the 122 to move ahead of Gracie.

Layfan

Record Breaker
I have to say it's exciting to have a skater like Gracie in US ladies. I know, I know, i'm hyping... but it's true.

christinaskater

Medalist
Gold's was mysteriously high but it's nationals. What can you do? Ashley scored a 65 or 66 at GPF for PCS. In my opinion Gold is no where near that in presentation.

For me she deserved that huge score! She was amazing. She skated better than Liza and Adelina tonight!

sask8

Rinkside
Silly scores again dished out at US nationals. Do the American's not want their three spots back? By dishing out ridiculous scores that these girls will never achieve internationally they are doing them a complete disservice. It's like Jordan Wieber being given crazy beam scores in the US only to find that her routine (beam) wasn't actually good enough at the Olympics. If the girls were scored fairly, (Gold with 6's/7's and a 120 max for her FP) she would have clear areas to work on and skater's with far better components (Nagasu/Wagner) would not be in danger of losing a place on the world team where international judges would likely score them well.

I agree that these scores do seem inflated, especially for Gold, but I make the comparison with Kim because her scores came in a similar event - her own nationals, although Kim has already proven that she can deliver on the international scene (and the judges love her).

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Wow by all the comment looks like a fantastic skate by Gracie... worthy Yuna fan! :p
Gawd this is getting tense! Will Mirai make it?! How long do I have to wait.
Go Mirai!!!

sask8

Rinkside
USFS has decided to educate the layperson in IJS scoring system...I bet we will see a lot more of this in the coming year