2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies LP | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies LP

R.D.

Record Breaker
A little surprised to hear that Wagner was indeed offered 4CC and turned it down. I remember Czisny last year claimed she wasn't offered 4CC - it would make sense to me that the same logic would apply this time; let Wagner rest her knee/mind and focus on preparing for worlds. She's obviously had many recent setbacks and I would think 4CCs in 2 weeks is asking too much of her.

Definitely smart of her not to bother - and she doesn't need the experience anyway. I suppose this might be a good opportunity for Gold, but then again I can also see the argument AGAINST sending her as well. You want maximum preparation time for worlds after all. Anyway, I'm supposing it might have been team Gold's choice.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
A little surprised to hear that Wagner was indeed offered 4CC and turned it down. I remember Czisny last year claimed she wasn't offered 4CC - it would make sense to me that the same logic would apply this time; let Wagner rest her knee/mind and focus on preparing for worlds. She's obviously had many recent setbacks and I would think 4CCs in 2 weeks is asking too much of her.

Definitely smart of her not to bother - and she doesn't need the experience anyway. I suppose this might be a good opportunity for Gold, but then again I can also see the argument AGAINST sending her as well. You want maximum preparation time for worlds after all. Anyway, I'm supposing it might have been team Gold's choice.

I see it as a momentum builder for Gracie. She just had a great skate, why not build on that and take advantage of that adrenalin by competing two weeks later? Also, I think it will be a great opportunity to see how she stacks up against a good portion of her competition including Mao, Akiko, Kankao and Kaetlyn.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I see it as a momentum builder for Gracie. She just had a great skate, why not build on that and take advantage of that adrenalin by competing two weeks later? Also, I think it will be a great opportunity to see how she stacks up against a good portion of her competition including Mao, Akiko, Kankao and Kaetlyn.

Flipside of that viewpoint is that you'd have her peak at 4CCs and then Worlds could be a whimper (think Nagasu in 2010- she chose the PERFECT time to peak)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Flipside of that viewpoint is that you'd have her peak at 4CCs and then Worlds could be a whimper (think Nagasu in 2010- she chose the PERFECT time to peak)

Well she did quite well at Worlds 2010 SP (still her PB to this day, I believe); I think she psyched herself out in the long. Also Yuna Kim won 4CC and Worlds in 2009 (granted with some mistakes in the later). I think the key for Gracie is to stay in it in the SP.

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
I have to admit that I laughed at the marching part. It's just kind of silly (to me).

Are people sending Ash mean tweets?? I hope not.

I'm far from being Ash fan and I guess I'm one of few that don't care that she won...or not.

Gracie only marched a couple of steps. Seemed fitting to the music. Sure not my favorite, but really, you laughed?

Bentley

Rinkside
You're comparing the viewers' experience to the intensity of a competitive elite figure skater? It's not the same because her role is much, much more intense and burdensome. I don't blame Ashley for the way she was judged by the system and judges. If she was given second place, she would've accepted it. It isn't her fault she was given the title. She simply tried to do her best under the circumstances. I think sometimes people forget to point the fingers at the right people.

Yes, you are so correct. The Judges made the decision not Ashley. So why keep beating this to death and being hateful about her. Time to move on and wish Ashley and Gracie the best of luck and hope they skate thier best at Worlds. I also wonder about the constant hating on Agnes. Yes she had mistakes, but she skates with a lot of zest and seems to be enjoying herself. More than can be said about some of the other skaters.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Wow, 42 pages, 625 replies and 54 583 views…..

Just want to say GO ASHLEY :rock: :clap:

and Gracie too of course :thumbsup: