Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies LP

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauf View Post
    True, but Brian was actually 'skating as' and costumed as an actual soldier: Napoleon. Plus Brian's a man, so marching is less 'jarring' to see in his program on the basis of gender association alone. I doubt many want to see a female skater, much less a beautiful one like Gracie, dazzling in her beautiful dress, diamond earrings, pretty hair accessories and so on, actually.....march. It doesn't fit with her glamorous, feminine style or gender.
    Am I the only one who liked the marching bit in Gracie's FS? It added a spot of fun to an otherwise serious program, IMO, and the way she does it is just too cute.

Custom Title
    I hope Gracie's team looks outside their team and looks at other choreographers for a change. Don't stick her with the same crappy programs next year there are to many good choreographers who could work wonders for her. Plus it's under utilizing her abilities just using the same guy to put her programs together.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Tonichelle;705827]
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauf View Post

...didn't Boitano march to Gold in Calgary?
    He did indeed.

And quite a few of the dancers marched this year in the SD, since March was one of the rhythms allowed.

It isn't like Gracie marched for 4 minutes or something.

As I said, there is no required deduction for marching.

Rinkside
    I'm not crazy of Ashley getting a freebie title. She skated really poorly in Nationals and GPF yet still had good results because almost all the other top skaters were awful. Kinda lame that she gets to add this to her resume. That said, I hope she turns around her season with a great skate at Worlds and helps the US women get 3 spots for the Olympics. Ashley + Gracie getting the 3rd spot is way more conceivable than Miner and Aaron at least.

Custom Title
    I think it is reasonable that the great USA will have its three ladies but the key will be the three Russian ladies, elene G., Korpi and Osmond. they will have to beat some of these ladies to earn three spots. But if Ashley say gets 2nd or 3rd; Gracie should have no problem get say 10th one would think.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    I guess these things do get back to skaters, this was posted on Ashley's Twitter and Facebook:

@AshWagner2010: Wow, people can be really mean. It wasn't my dream program..trust me I'm aware, but u can't understand how it feels til ur out there urself

I think she knows she has to up the ante. Nationals was unfortunate and she has battled injury and illness, if this is any indication she will come out fighting at Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Am I the only one who liked the marching bit in Gracie's FS? It added a spot of fun to an otherwise serious program, IMO, and the way she does it is just too cute.
    Yes, it was intended to be patterned after the film and it's a little quirky thing in there to get a small glimpse into how she really is...

Down With It
    I posted my doubts earlier but remember that in the end I WANT to be proven wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    I guess these things do get back to skaters, this was posted on Ashley's Twitter and Facebook:

@AshWagner2010: Wow, people can be really mean. It wasn't my dream program..trust me I'm aware, but u can't understand how it feels til ur out there urself

I think she knows she has to up the ante. Nationals was unfortunate and she has battled injury and illness, if this is any indication she will come out fighting at Worlds.
    I don't blame her! Between all the comments about her "smirk" and what not, I would be quite hurt. We seem to forget that these skaters are people just like us. We get to hide behind the comfort of our computer screens and screen names while she basically out there, mistakes and all.

I think what's great is she got a lot of nice comments from fans and even this one from Kristi Yamaguchi:

" @AshWagner2010 ur a champion, 2X US champion & I know you will represent our country w/ honor & pride. Look ahead #ignorenegative #kickbutt"

One more reason to love Yama!

Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post

unfortunately with social media there's no buffer - and I don't think Ashley has a phantom admin for her twitter and people have been downright cruel on both tiwtter and facebook...

Custom Title
    As a public figure (skater), there's always detractors. And even so, fans shouldn't coddle you either.
    Anyway, she can't understand how it feel for people at home scratching their heads watching her win either. I can't believe she actually followed up with you don't know how it feel because you're not in my skates nonsense. That's an excuse 4yo gave. What nonsense!

Custom Title
    I noticed all the negativity on twitter towards Ashley was crazy! And the comments about the smirk? I rewatched, with proper sound this time, and the expression is clearly her wanting to be happy like last year (Agnes was disappointed about dropping to third too, but nobody called on Ashley for beaming at being Nat champ) but listening to the boo-ing crowd now and knowing it's more mixed emotions than pure happiness, it's a strange situation to be in.
    With the competition over and done with, she should be proud at her accomplishment of defending her title on the first try and focus on getting prepared for worlds.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    As a public figure (skater), there's always detractors. And even so, fans shouldn't coddle you either.
    Anyway, she can't understand how it feel for people at home scratching their heads watching her win either. I can't believe she actually followed up with you don't know how it feel because you're not in my skates nonsense. That's an excuse 4yo gave. What nonsense!
    You're comparing the viewers' experience to the intensity of a competitive elite figure skater? It's not the same because her role is much, much more intense and burdensome. I don't blame Ashley for the way she was judged by the system and judges. If she was given second place, she would've accepted it. It isn't her fault she was given the title. She simply tried to do her best under the circumstances. I think sometimes people forget to point the fingers at the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by rkuang View Post
    You're comparing the viewers' experience to the intensity of a competitive elite figure skater? It's not the same because her role is much, much more intense and burdensome. I don't blame Ashley for the way she was judged by the system and judges. If she was given second place, she would've accepted it. It isn't her fault she was given the title. She simply tried to do her best under the circumstances. I think sometimes people forget to point the fingers at the right people.

btw, welcome to the boards, rkuang! Post often, post long!

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast