Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies LP

Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Quite sure-- she usually does the commentary on NBC with Scott. I think Sandra has it out for anyone not named Yuna Kim. Bwahaha.

"Oh ... easiest jump in the program and she sits down." -- I love Scott's enthusiasm.
    Sandra? No, she likes several other skaters, too. She was pretty complimentary of Agnes except for her 2Axel fall.
    Last edited by Krislite; 01-26-2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: misspelling

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Sandra? No, she likes several other skaters, too. She was pretty complimentary of Anges except for her 2Axel fall.
    She was. (I have to say: It will not do for a skater as supremely talented as Agnes never to have her moment.)

Back to Ashely, I wish Sandra and Scott had said more nice things about Ashley's actual skating and not just about her tough attitude. They could have commented on how finished and refined her skating looks this year. And her ice presence which I find far and above the other ladies. I think Ashley is still battling her rep and as being in the middle of the pack.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lilshorty View Post
    Courtney has big jumps, but she is not very graceful at all. Me no likey. :(
    Yes, she is a bit sloppy, but fantastic jumping ability. But I also think Gold is sloppy.

Custom Title
    So, how many skaters do we get to see on NBC tonight? Looks to me like they must have chacked at least 4 ladies due to showing some of the short programs. And those four skaters weren't available live on IceNetwork either. I wanted to see Caroline Zhang, Ashley Cain, and Kiri Baga.

Okay, it looks like they chacked 3 skaters and are starting with Angela Wang.

No, wait a minute, was it just Kiri they chacked. Or are they gonna go from Angela direct to live with Hannah Miller?
    Last edited by Art&Sport; 01-26-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Custom Title
    I guess I'm not the only one getting annoyed by Scott H. Just wish that he would tone down little bit with his antics when commentating. He comes across as a fan screaming with a microphone on his big mouth.

Peter was another one too. You can even see his saliva from talking too much sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post

Back to Ashely, I wish Sandra and Scott had said more nice things about Ashley's actual skating and not just about her tough attitude. They could have commented on how finished and refined her skating looks this year. And her ice presence which I find far and above the other ladies. I think Ashley is still battling her rep and as being in the middle of the pack.
    Maybe they're waiting for her performance in the long program. Samson & Delilah is easier to comment on in terms of skating & looks as opposed to Red Violin, I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post

Okay, it looks like they chacked 3 skaters and are starting with Angela Wang.
    Chacked who? Angela is the first skater in the 2nd to last group.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Angela Wang

3Lz+3T+2T
    3F
    3Lo
    3T+2A+SEQ
    LSp
    3Lz+2T - stepout
    CCoSp
    StSq
    3S - hard fall, ouch, flat on her stomach!
    ChSq
    2A
    FCSp

Another solid free skate - she needs to overcome her SP woes, if she wants to contend. But this will likely pull her up some...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bixby View Post
    I guess I'm not the only one getting annoyed by Scott H. Just wish that he would tone down little bit with his antics when commentating. He comes across as a fan screaming with a microphone on his big mouth.

Peter was another one too. You can even see his saliva from talking too much sometime.
    I have to agree.

Rinkside
    Angela Wang looks kind of like Caroline :D

Custom Title
    Angela Wang...lovely skater, but it became a bit slow and labored toward the end.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Maybe they're waiting for her performance in the long program. Samson & Delilah is easier to comment on in terms of skating & looks as opposed to Red Violin, I would think.
    Hope so. I love Ashley's Red Violin more than her Samson and Delilah though.

Custom Title
    Here's to hoping Caroline does well! She's worked too hard to be disappointed!

Custom Title
    I wish they would credit the dress designers as well...This year it seems there are so many beautiful dresses (Nagasu and Wagner short program for example, and Wang who just skated)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by london_calling View Post
    Chacked who? Angela is the first skater in the 2nd to last group.
    I guess we'll find out though. I thought they ended IceNetwork coverage with Haley Dunne. I didn't see Kiri on IN, and she was supposed to skate after Haley.

I figured it would take time for the ice resurfacing allowing time for NBC to show some of the sps, but it seemed to take a long time. I guess the warmups allowed them more time before starting with Angela Wang, but it looks like Kiri wasn't shown. Did anyone see Kiri yet?

Anyway that same thing happened two years ago in the men's event with IN signing off and NBC reshowing some men's sps, and missing showing two skaters, one of whom was Jason Brown in his outstanding fp debut at senior Nats.
    Last edited by Art&Sport; 01-26-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast