Thread: Czisny undergoes successful hip surgery

Hybrid View

News Czisny undergoes successful hip surgery

USFS Press Release:

OMAHA, Neb. (Jan. 25, 2013) – Alissa Czisny, a two-time U.S. champion, underwent successful surgery to repair damage in the joint capsule of her left hip caused by a hip dislocation. Czisny dislocated her hip on Jan. 12, while performing her free skate at the 2013 Fox Cities Invitational in Appleton, Wis.

The surgery was performed in Nashville by Dr. J.W. Thomas Byrd, who has served as a physician for the U.S. Olympic Team and the Tennessee Titans. Czisny will be off the ice for approximately six weeks.

Czisny is a two-time U.S. champion (2009, ’11), the 2010 Grand Prix Final champion and an eight-time Grand Prix Series medalist.

Czisny withdrew earlier this month from the 2013 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships, which are going on through Jan. 27, in Omaha, Neb.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Aww Good luck to Alyssa in her recovery!

Custom Title
    Best wishes to Alissa for quick and complete recovery. Let's hope that she will soon be healthy enough to pursue whatever she wishes to pursue in the coming year.

so good to hear! i hope she takes this recovery slowly and makes decisions that are smart especially in regards to not rushing getting back into skating. stay strong alissa!

Custom Title
    Great to hear that the operation is over with. I hope she recovers completely and uneventfully.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    so good to hear! i hope she takes this recovery slowly and makes decisions that are smart especially in regards to not rushing getting back into skating. stay strong alissa!
    It was rushing back to skating that necessitated the second surgery.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    It was rushing back to skating that necessitated the second surgery.
    I thought she had followed her doctor's orders. Wrong?