Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Mens SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    No he talks about the skating - I never understood all the drama that fans made about a guy who was proud of his family. That it was taken to such an extreme was not Mike's fault.
    It really isn't. I think the USFSA is behind pushing the heterosexuality of male skaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I agree -- they still make a big deal of it in the Disson specials == I think I've seen that whole "dinner with the Weisses" clip a bunch!
    that's because it's a sponsor plug

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterB View Post
    I am digging Weiss commentary.
    Weiss is good as well as PC, but I think Johnny is more interesting, witty and insightful. Still Weiss is doing a pretty good job, and I'm glad they realized there's no need for 3 people in the booth.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    No he talks about the skating - I never understood all the drama that fans made about a guy who was proud of his family. That it was taken to such an extreme was not Mike's fault.
    I just started feeling really nostalgic for the days of Weiss's greasy slicked back hair, relentless macho posturing, hypermasculine characters he'd always attempt to portray in his routines and dysfunctional family relations put on show. It was all absolutely amazing, in a terrifying way, and you could write a gender studies thesis on it all. :P

Custom Title
    I really enjoyed Weir - thought there were a few over the top moments but overall, loved his commentating. It might be precisely for that reason that I'm surprised I like anyone else, and perhaps in that sense, especially Weiss. So, my hat's off to him.

GO Armin, Adam, Keegan, Jeremy and Ross!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I just started feeling really nostalgic for the days of Weiss's greasy slicked back hair, relentless macho posturing, hypermasculine characters he'd always attempt to portray in his routines and dysfunctional family relations put on show. It was all absolutely amazing, in a terrifying way, and you could write a gender studies thesis on it all. :P
    Just shows how vanilla those days were - fans had to make the drama! Now the skaters do.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Does he remind the viewers every 5 minutes how he has a wife and how that makes him totally HETEROSEXUAL?

Oh Michael, I will never forget all the drama from back when he competed.
    No he does not mention his family. But, I get why you are saying it. Back in the days the media made a point of it. "Like wow, a guy with a family that skates"

Big fan of the Zamboni twins!

Now, bring on Keegan!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Weiss is good as well as PC, but I think Johnny is more interesting, witty and insightful. Still Weiss is doing a pretty good job, and I'm glad they realized there's no need for 3 people in the booth.
    It's funny, I thought J.Weir would be a train wreck, instead he is wonderful, and no, he is not P.C., but he brings certain truths to light. I guess that is the problem.

Yay Boitano!

Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    I won't make fun, but have to ask: really????? I mean you are so plugged into skating....i've never seen her IN the Flesh as in live; but many times on tv (so do you mean live?)

ETA oh, sorry, this was meant for Mrs. P...several posters posted before I could post this
    No seriously! I guess I never caught her when she was on tv... I don't even remember seeing her when she was part of PChiddy's coaching team.

Custom Title
    ^I don't know why this cracks me up, but it does (and not making fun at all!!!!). Anyway, glad you got to see her in the flesh! I know people criticize, but in terms of body of work, I really admire her a lot. And, she seems like a likable person too!

I really admire Jonathan a lot and so hope he knows how special he is; I really appreciate his nationals appearances a lot; sure, I wish he could go further, but he's been, for me, a very special moment at nationals for sometime now and I just love it/him.
    Jonathan is such a wonderful skater, coach and person. I thought his skate was wonderful! All the guys so far skated great!

Custom Title
    Big fan of the Zamboni twins!

Now, bring on Keegan!
    Good luck Keegan!!!! figures crossed for him and tonichelle!!!

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast