2013 US Nationals Senior Mens SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Mens SP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
OMG Michael Weiss is commentating.

OMG people say it's actually good.

I hope Sean Rabbitt can skate a clean program. He's such a fantastic performer. :)

I was presently surprised when I heard him on the NBC coverage; being such a power jumper, I thought he would be all about the quads, but he actually does a good job explaining why the component scores matter too.

emma

Record Breaker
I really admire Jonathan a lot and so hope he knows how special he is; I really appreciate his nationals appearances a lot; sure, I wish he could go further, but he's been, for me, a very special moment at nationals for sometime now and I just love it/him.

and yes, I admit it, I'm enjoying, for the most part, Weiss' commentary - I think he could be a little more precise about a few things, but overall, nicely done.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm so relieved that Josh skated well! Too bad about Jason's 3Axel, but he does have a tendency to UR it; he really needs to work out his kinks with that jump.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm so relieved that Josh skated well! Too bad about Jason's 3Axel, but he does have a tendency to UR it; he really needs to work out his kinks with that jump.

He'll get it in time. He seems to be more confident with it as time goes on.

Does he remind the viewers every 5 minutes how he has a wife and how that makes him totally HETEROSEXUAL? ;)

Oh Michael, I will never forget all the drama from back when he competed.

emma

Record Breaker
I wish we could see the jumbotron for the hall of fame induction clips....

I'm glad that Jason went for the 3axel; that is the first step to conquering it in competition - putting it out there. Woot woot!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I was presently surprised when I heard him on the NBC coverage; being such a power jumper, I thought he would be all about the quads, but he actually does a good job explaining why the component scores matter too.

he really did his best to learn the system when he skated in it, so I think it helps a lot.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I wish we could see the jumbotron for the hall of fame induction clips....

I'm glad that Jason went for the 3axel; that is the first step to conquering it in competition - putting it out there. Woot woot!!!

Me too. Yeah, I'm glad Jason is going for it too. He's done some beautiful ones in practice.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Does he remind the viewers every 5 minutes how he has a wife and how that makes him totally HETEROSEXUAL? ;)

Oh Michael, I will never forget all the drama from back when he competed.

No he talks about the skating - I never understood all the drama that fans made about a guy who was proud of his family. That it was taken to such an extreme was not Mike's fault.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Don't make fun of me, but I think I've never seen Lori Nichol in the flesh....:p

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
No he talks about the skating - I never understood all the drama that fans made about a guy who was proud of his family. That it was taken to such an extreme was not Mike's fault.

I agree -- they still make a big deal of it in the Disson specials == I think I've seen that whole "dinner with the Weisses" clip a bunch!

emma

Record Breaker
I won't make fun, but have to ask: really????? I mean you are so plugged into skating....i've never seen her IN the Flesh as in live; but many times on tv (so do you mean live?)

ETA oh, sorry, this was meant for Mrs. P...several posters posted before I could post this

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

It really isn't. I think the USFSA is behind pushing the heterosexuality of male skaters.

Art&Sport

Medalist
I am digging Weiss commentary.

Weiss is good as well as PC, but I think Johnny is more interesting, witty and insightful. Still Weiss is doing a pretty good job, and I'm glad they realized there's no need for 3 people in the booth.

I just started feeling really nostalgic for the days of Weiss's greasy slicked back hair, relentless macho posturing, hypermasculine characters he'd always attempt to portray in his routines and dysfunctional family relations put on show. It was all absolutely amazing, in a terrifying way, and you could write a gender studies thesis on it all. :p

emma

Record Breaker
I really enjoyed Weir - thought there were a few over the top moments but overall, loved his commentating. It might be precisely for that reason that I'm surprised I like anyone else, and perhaps in that sense, especially Weiss. So, my hat's off to him.