2013 US Nationals Senior Mens SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Mens SP

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I just started feeling really nostalgic for the days of Weiss's greasy slicked back hair, relentless macho posturing, hypermasculine characters he'd always attempt to portray in his routines and dysfunctional family relations put on show. It was all absolutely amazing, in a terrifying way, and you could write a gender studies thesis on it all. :p

Just shows how vanilla those days were - fans had to make the drama! Now the skaters do.

MasterB

Final Flight
Does he remind the viewers every 5 minutes how he has a wife and how that makes him totally HETEROSEXUAL? ;)

Oh Michael, I will never forget all the drama from back when he competed.

No he does not mention his family. But, I get why you are saying it. Back in the days the media made a point of it. "Like wow, a guy with a family that skates"

katymay

Medalist
Weiss is good as well as PC, but I think Johnny is more interesting, witty and insightful. Still Weiss is doing a pretty good job, and I'm glad they realized there's no need for 3 people in the booth.

It's funny, I thought J.Weir would be a train wreck, instead he is wonderful, and no, he is not P.C., but he brings certain truths to light. I guess that is the problem.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I won't make fun, but have to ask: really????? I mean you are so plugged into skating....i've never seen her IN the Flesh as in live; but many times on tv (so do you mean live?)

ETA oh, sorry, this was meant for Mrs. P...several posters posted before I could post this

No seriously! I guess I never caught her when she was on tv... I don't even remember seeing her when she was part of PChiddy's coaching team.

emma

Record Breaker
^I don't know why this cracks me up, but it does (and not making fun at all!!!!). Anyway, glad you got to see her in the flesh! I know people criticize, but in terms of body of work, I really admire her a lot. And, she seems like a likable person too!

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I really admire Jonathan a lot and so hope he knows how special he is; I really appreciate his nationals appearances a lot; sure, I wish he could go further, but he's been, for me, a very special moment at nationals for sometime now and I just love it/him.
Jonathan is such a wonderful skater, coach and person. I thought his skate was wonderful! All the guys so far skated great!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oh didn't realize that Harrison Choate is going to Harvard too (in the fall, per his video segment)! A bunch of geniuses at Skating Club of Boston!

emma

Record Breaker
:bang::bang::cry::cry: oh Armin....I do so love your skating; and Kashmir is one of my sentimental favorites

katymay

Medalist
Oh didn't realize that Harrison Choate is going to Harvard too (in the fall, per his video segment)! A bunch of geniuses at Skating Club of Boston!
With a name like "Harrison Choate" attendance at Harvard is pretty much a forgone conclusion. And I believe he is a quadruple legacy there....

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yikes, I missed Armin's performance -- sounds like he didn't do that well. :(

30.84 + 33.01 -1 62.85 (8th out of 11 skaters)