Alexander Johnson
3A - fall, but rotated
3Z-3T - turn out on second jump
3F
spin
spin
step
spin

It was a lovely program-- well-choreographed. Love the cantilever at the beginning. Well I would expect no less from someone who has Tom Dickson as his coach/choreographer!

32.91 + 33.29 -1 62.20. (5th out of 5 skaters)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Standings after Group 1

Joshua Farris 44.07 + 34.71 = 79.78
Max Aaron 45.49 + 33.64 = 79.13
Richard Dornbush 40.10 + 37.56 = 77.66
Jason Brown 38.52 + 36.53 -1 = 74.04
Alexander Johnson 32.91 + 33.29 -1 = 62.20

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
My computer just crashed on me. Too much pressure to show nationals maybe? :laugh: hope i can get her running in time so i dont miss much.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This second group will be a big letdown after that first group. So much talent in group 1.

Art&Sport

Medalist
They are definitely keeping the scores down. Judges are playing some hardball at these championships. But it's all good. ;)

I thought Max might break 80. And I guess Josh trumped Max on component scores since Josh didn't do a quad. Way to go for Richard fighting through it, but also going for the quad, when he originally had not planned to in the sp!

I love, love, love Jason Brown. He can do that triple axel ... he just didn't get it all the way around (probably due to a little tightness from all the excitement of this event). He sure rocked the rest of his program.

No matter what happens, all these U.S. guys are great to watch. :)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Why don't more skaters utilize the abundant talents of Tom Wilson? Lovely, interesting choreography.

LongTimeLurker

On the Ice
Thank you for the PBP, Mrs. P! It's much appreciated. :)

Never thought I'd wish I was in Nebraska during the winter....

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Harrison Choate
3Z-2T -- he does three turns into the 2T.
3F - holds on
spin
2A
spin
step
spin

Not his best effort (his words: "That was tragic!" said in a good humored way), but he had fun in the step sequence at least and he does have some cool transitions.
Choate is being a riot in the K&C.

27.52 + 30.14 = 57.66 (6th out of 6 skaters)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Anyone else having issues with the IN feed? It's most likely my craptastique internet and computer but figured I would ask.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Why don't more skaters utilize the abundant talents of Tom Wilson? Lovely, interesting choreography.

Tom Dickson, but you've probably already been corrected. Tom has choreographed for Matt Savoie, Jeremy Abbott, of course, Alex Johnson, and Ross Miner (this season). I'm sure that's only a few of many. I don't know who he might have done choreography for internationally.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Stephen Carriere

3A- two foot, wonky landing
3L - quad was planned?
spin
3Z-2T (tano)
spin
step
spin

Not his best effort. But I love the quality of his skating and he has good speed; I'm glad he's still around.

28.80 +33.97 = 62.77 (6th out of 7 skaters)

emma

Record Breaker
^I love the quality of his skating too; sorry he didn't have a better skate.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Don't understand the huge gap between Johnson and Brown.

Buzz, reputation; accomplishments on the junior level which led to the buzz for Brown. Alex is definitely a wonderful skater, though, but maybe not as consistent as Jason. Plus, few men in either juniors or seniors can match Jason's deep edges, musicality, charisma and unique style on the ice.

Most of the U.S. guys just need the opportunity to develop more on the World stage which has been impossible because of the way the sport is constructed, and the depth of talent among U.S. men.