Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 199

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Mens SP

  1. #136
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,596
    Guess Abbott decided no quad for Sps the rest of the season - risky!

  2. #137
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,300
    Why do a quad at Nationals when you don't need it?

  3. #138
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,615
    um....i'm so happy for Ross that I want to squeal like Tara L in the kiss n cry for the 98 olympics...alas, my household save me has gone to bed so I will just bite my tongue instead!

  4. #139
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,882
    The content of these programs, for the most part, look like ladies' programs. Does not bode well for worlds.

  5. #140
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    um....i'm so happy for Ross that I want to squeal like Tara L in the kiss n cry for the 98 olympics...alas, my household save me has gone to bed so I will just bite my tongue instead!
    Ross is definitely Jeremy's biggest threat here. I wouldn't be surprised if they comprise the senior World team.

  6. #141
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,654
    really liking Miner tonight. nice skate!

  7. #142
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Why do a quad at Nationals when you don't need it?
    He's not the type who can pull a quad out of a hat!!

  8. #143
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,003
    Ross Miner

    4S - look like he got it--but it may be UR.
    3A - got it here
    spin
    3Z-3T - and nails it!
    spin
    sit
    spin


    Great skate for Ross. He definitely made a statement here!

    42.10 + 38.89 = 80.99 (2nd after 19 skaters)

  9. #144
    Blue-footed Booby aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Why do a quad at Nationals when you don't need it?
    When is he going to do a quad then? It's kind of like the 3-3 for ladies. A lot of skaters keep putting it off like, "Oh, I'll do it on the GP circuit next season, which turns to oh, maybe Nationals. Four Continents/Europeans? Nope. Worlds then! Oh, crap. That did not turn out well." I think it would benefit them in the long run if they tested those elements out in competition at least once or twice.

    Then again, I don't really follow Abbott, so I don't know if he's done a quad all season.

  10. #145
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    The top 3 currently are my dream men's podium, except I would switch Miner and Farris!

  11. #146
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    370
    If he is serious about a world medal at some point he needs one quad if not two.


    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    When is he going to do a quad then? It's kind of like the 3-3 for ladies. A lot of skaters keep putting it off like, "Oh, I'll do it on the GP circuit next season, which turns to oh, maybe Nationals. Four Continents/Europeans? Nope. Worlds then! Oh, crap. That did not turn out well." I think it would benefit them in the long run if they tested those elements out in competition at least once or twice.

    Then again, I don't really follow Abbott, so I don't know if he's done a quad all season.

  12. #147
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,300
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    When is he going to do a quad then? It's kind of like the 3-3 for ladies. A lot of skaters keep putting it off like, "Oh, I'll do it on the GP circuit next season, which turns to oh, maybe Nationals. Four Continents/Europeans? Nope. Worlds then! Oh, crap. That did not turn out well." I think it would benefit them in the long run if they tested those elements out in competition at least once or twice.

    Then again, I don't really follow Abbott, so I don't know if he's done a quad all season.
    Abbott has had a bad back this season so maybe he's not up to it yet. So try a quad and injure yourself before Worlds? Not smart.

  13. #148
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,615
    very fun to watch the men's SP and thanks Mrs. P for all the pbp's.

    Grant is one of so many gorgeous skaters...it reminds me of just how much talent there is in skating. too bad for the fall...but his program and his skating are captivating.

  14. #149
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,003
    Grant Hochstein
    3A - holds on
    3Z- fall
    spin
    3F-2T
    spin
    step
    spin


    34.35 + 32.33 -1 65.68 = 11th out of 20th skaters

  15. #150
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,882
    The bad back had ended by the gp in France, where he won silver.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •