Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Mens SP

Custom Title
    Why aren't they letting IceNetwork viewers see whatever clip they are looking at in the arena?

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    OMG Michael Weiss is commentating.

OMG people say it's actually good.

I hope Sean Rabbitt can skate a clean program. He's such a fantastic performer.
    I was presently surprised when I heard him on the NBC coverage; being such a power jumper, I thought he would be all about the quads, but he actually does a good job explaining why the component scores matter too.

Custom Title
    I really admire Jonathan a lot and so hope he knows how special he is; I really appreciate his nationals appearances a lot; sure, I wish he could go further, but he's been, for me, a very special moment at nationals for sometime now and I just love it/him.

and yes, I admit it, I'm enjoying, for the most part, Weiss' commentary - I think he could be a little more precise about a few things, but overall, nicely done.

OMG Michael Weiss is commentating.

OMG people say it's actually good.
    He's done it for several years now and I have always thought he's been one of the better ones that we've had.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I'm so relieved that Josh skated well! Too bad about Jason's 3Axel, but he does have a tendency to UR it; he really needs to work out his kinks with that jump.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I'm so relieved that Josh skated well! Too bad about Jason's 3Axel, but he does have a tendency to UR it; he really needs to work out his kinks with that jump.
    He'll get it in time. He seems to be more confident with it as time goes on.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Does he remind the viewers every 5 minutes how he has a wife and how that makes him totally HETEROSEXUAL?

Oh Michael, I will never forget all the drama from back when he competed.

Custom Title
    I wish we could see the jumbotron for the hall of fame induction clips....

I'm glad that Jason went for the 3axel; that is the first step to conquering it in competition - putting it out there. Woot woot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I was presently surprised when I heard him on the NBC coverage; being such a power jumper, I thought he would be all about the quads, but he actually does a good job explaining why the component scores matter too.
    he really did his best to learn the system when he skated in it, so I think it helps a lot.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    I wish we could see the jumbotron for the hall of fame induction clips....

I'm glad that Jason went for the 3axel; that is the first step to conquering it in competition - putting it out there. Woot woot!!!
    Me too. Yeah, I'm glad Jason is going for it too. He's done some beautiful ones in practice.

Does he remind the viewers every 5 minutes how he has a wife and how that makes him totally HETEROSEXUAL?

Oh Michael, I will never forget all the drama from back when he competed.
    No he talks about the skating - I never understood all the drama that fans made about a guy who was proud of his family. That it was taken to such an extreme was not Mike's fault.

skating philosopher
    Don't make fun of me, but I think I've never seen Lori Nichol in the flesh....:P

Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Why aren't they letting IceNetwork viewers see whatever clip they are looking at in the arena?
    I would assume something to do with copyrights preventing it.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    No he talks about the skating - I never understood all the drama that fans made about a guy who was proud of his family. That it was taken to such an extreme was not Mike's fault.
    I agree -- they still make a big deal of it in the Disson specials == I think I've seen that whole "dinner with the Weisses" clip a bunch!

Custom Title
    I won't make fun, but have to ask: really????? I mean you are so plugged into skating....i've never seen her IN the Flesh as in live; but many times on tv (so do you mean live?)

ETA oh, sorry, this was meant for Mrs. P...several posters posted before I could post this

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast