USFS announces broadcast rights | Golden Skate

USFS announces broadcast rights

AnnikinSolo

Rinkside
That is good to know that I will not have to spend as much on VPN services. I spend about $400 annually now on VPN services and TVTeka combined, to get a lot of skating events. Does anyone if TVTeka has subscription terms other than 1 year? It looks now like I would only need them now for SA in Octoner, Russians in December and Europeans in January. I would likely need them for SA in October, because NBC would likely still have the sole broadcast rights for the Saturday session and I don't like having to watch them on tape delay. Even when Universal offered subscriptions for GP events, I still had to use a proxy and watch them on one Russian channel, because Universal could not stream SA,as NBC had all the broadcast rights to it. Hopefully IceNetwork will be allowed to stream all of SA, and not force me to have to use a proxy and get it on a foreign service.

No, if only icenetwork were allowed to show the ladies freeskate live coast to coast, and not have to defer to NBC, they would have something.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That is good to know that I will not have to spend as much on VPN services. I spend about $400 annually now on VPN services and TVTeka combined, to get a lot of skating events. Does anyone if TVTeka has subscription terms other than 1 year? It looks now like I would only need them now for SA in Octoner, Russians in December and Europeans in January. I would likely need them for SA in October, because NBC would likely still have the sole broadcast rights for the Saturday session and I don't like having to watch them on tape delay. Even when Universal offered subscriptions for GP events, I still had to use a proxy and watch them on one Russian channel, because Universal could not stream SA,as NBC had all the broadcast rights to it. Hopefully IceNetwork will be allowed to stream all of SA, and not force me to have to use a proxy and get it on a foreign service.

No, if only icenetwork were allowed to show the ladies freeskate live coast to coast, and not have to defer to NBC, they would have something.

I agree on this one. I hate tape delay! I totally was sitting on my hands and avoiding the internet.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Networks will never show anything live here on the west coast. They want to show it in prime time which means tape delayed crap. Just look at the Vancouver Olympics they were on west coast time and did we see any of the major sports live?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Networks will never show anything live here on the west coast. They want to show it in prime time which means tape delayed crap. Just look at the Vancouver Olympics they were on west coast time and did we see any of the major sports live?

Some lucky folks had CTV/CBC in Western Washington, so they were able to see some of the events live. But yeah, that is the one disadvantage of living on the West coast -- tape delay sports. :p