"Special Figures" | Golden Skate

"Special Figures"

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Does anyone know of a website or some books wherein I might find pictures of "special figures", the elaborate compolsury figures that were traced at competitions in the 1890s thru about the 1920s? It seems to be a hard thing to track down, which is not surprising.
Thanks in advance!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
JonnyCoop:

There are some websites that discuss figures and there are books available that cover this aspect of skating. Check the library - Barbara Ann Scott has a book that covers the earlier days of figure skating.

Since figures have all but disappeared from figure skating it is difficult to find material specifically about them, but it is out there!!! Keep trying.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
JonnyCoop-
I have many "old" skating books that show and talk about these "special" figures. Why don't you pm me and I will try and answer any questions you might have. I see you live in the San Diego area, so do I.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
hey jonny

if you'd like i can give you my books of when i was learning figures...if not, the chula vista public library has the figures for roller skating (they were the same figures ice skaters did, even with the name)...