Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Europeans Men's LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittosuni View Post
    How many guys can russia send to worlds?? One or two? I think kovtun will get the nod

ETA: Is it bad that I'm happy Fernandez was imperfect here, because it means that he can still become better at Worlds?

Medalist
    What?? Only one spot for russia? I always thought russia is one of the power houses, maybe not anymore? How bout sochi how many spots they have for all categories. Sorry new to skating world

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    one of best competitions i ve seen congrats to medalists i write later!

Custom Title
    What?? Only one spot for russia? I always thought russia is one of the power houses, maybe not anymore? How bout sochi how many spots they have for all categories. Sorry new to skating world
    After 2006 when Plushenko retired there were no strong Senior skaters to take up the slack and no promising Juniors either so he had to come back in 2010 and its been slim pickings for Russia since then. It's one of the reasons why's Plush is trying to make one more Olympic games.

Custom Title
    We won't know how many spots Russia has for Sochi until Worlds is over. If you asked me to guess, I'd say two in men, three in the rest, but that depends on who they send to Worlds.

Custom Title
    After Gachinski bombed last worlds russia only has one spot this year.

Custom Title
    I see only Gachinsky if he manages to handle the pressure, he is promising... But he's not Chan or Hanyu... however hard it is to admit but Russia has never had anyone to replace Plushy...once again Javi was very cool, but I doubt he has a chance to medal if Japanese guys are clean... Hanyu is growing on me... I'd say 1) Hanyu 2) Chan 3) Takahashi

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    That's standard behaviour for skating fans on online boards. Now Chan and Takahashi need to look out, next time Javi bombs everyone will say he's an headcase and not so dangerous after all, lather, rinse and repeat
    IMO, Javier's win just strengthens the fact that the World title is up for grabs.
    Actually the battle for the podium will be very fierce and some great skaters will be left holding the bag!

Rinkside
    looking at men's result,

why PLUSHENKO is listed at the end not before Pavel KASKA who also withdrawn?

How many guys can russia send to worlds?? One or two? I think kovtun will get the nod
    I think it's one, due to Gachinski's 17th place last year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gioccia View Post
    I see only Gachinsky if he manages to handle the pressure, he is promising... But he's not Chan or Hanyu... however hard it is to admit but Russia has never had anyone to replace Plushy...once again Javi was very cool, but I doubt he has a chance to medal if Japanese guys are clean... Hanyu is growing on me... I'd say 1) Hanyu 2) Chan 3) Takahashi
    Javi though was in a league of his own at Euros
    hopefully some of Kovtun, Samarin or Petrov will continue to improve and be promising by next quads for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by yukky View Post
    looking at men's result,

why PLUSHENKO is listed at the end not before Pavel KASKA who also withdrawn?
    Maybe it's alphabetical order? Otherwise, don't know...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Actually the battle for the podium will be very fierce and some great skaters will be left holding the bag!
    Ooops, maybe I used 'up for grabs' incorrectly? What I meant is that now that Javi won, I'm even more convinced that any of the top men could win Worlds and there is no clear favourite. I'm sorry, english is not my first language

Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Or course all of the above can be improved further, though he has become a lot better in the basic skating skills this year - far smoother already. Against this European competition, he can more than hold his own. It's only when he face the competition outside of Europe that it will be an issue.
    I agree with you, I've been watching Javi for several years now and he had made major leaps, advancing really fast. He has improved posture and stamina, but of course he can do even better, I think he takes this very seriously. This is probably one of the best FS designed for him, he is conserving his energy and speed. LAst year with his other FS he seemed to ran out of steam. I think he has paced the jumps very well, and when doing 3 quads, well it shows his strength. I think next year is the time to work on the finishing touches. He is medal contender for sure!

Congratulations to all guys on podium, and Brian !! Congrats to Javi! Fantastic skating!!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast