Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Europeans Men's LP

Custom Title
    For the past few years, it was my dream to see Javi as the European Champion and today it finally came true! I'm on cloud nine right now with happiness

Hopefully Javi's win and continued success will bring Spain further into the figure skating fold!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by senatormls View Post
    I

I wonder what Morosov is thinking right now! Morosov was preening Ando, Amodio and others and forgot Javi. Who's sorry now??

Love this!!!!!

Medalist
    The location favors Chan, but I think it is safe to say that we have a legitimate four-way race for the world title this year.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemann View Post
    The location favors Chan, but I think it is safe to say that we have a legitimate four-way race for the world title this year.
    I agree, I hope Javier Fernández medals at worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    I agree, I hope Javier Fernández medals at worlds.
    He trains in Canada and has had a fair bit of success there - Skate Canada gold (2012) and silver (2011), GPF bronze (11/12). It'll be like this year's GPF - four really strong candidates, but only three spots.

Custom Title
    And congratulations to Brian Orser too! He's now the coach of the European & Japanese National champion! Awesome!!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    He trains in Canada and has had a fair bit of success there - Skate Canada gold (2012) and silver (2011), GPF bronze (11/12). It'll be like this year's GPF - four really strong candidates, but only three spots.
    Yup. I think it will be the most interesting event this year.

Rinkside
    Without doubt, Javi deserved to win, he was remarkable, but how come his PCS suddenly inflated to 89?
    He had similar TES and performances at GPF and got only 82 in PCS then.
    His pro looks like focusing on technical sides, having lots of resting points.
    His SS is not in the same league as Chan and Takahashi yet.
    His coach happens to be Orser, that may explain all.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki2012 View Post
    Without doubt, Javi deserved to win, he was remarkable, but how come his PCS suddenly inflated to 89?
    I happened to notice significant improvement in Javier's skating skills, even just 2 months later. Why people just speculate it's politics or coach?

Given that Spain is not even a powerful federation, why would Orser have any significant pull with European judges is hard to believe and illogical.

Finally, his PCS mark increased from 82 to 89, so what? Why it has to be labeled as "inflation"? Why is a skater's score supposed to be anchored for an entire season otherwise, it's "inflation"?
    Last edited by wallylutz; 01-27-2013 at 02:03 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    I don't get why people suddenly feel the need to say that Chan and Takahashi need to watch out now. As if Takahashi, especially needed more reminding that he needs to be perfect when he lost japanese Nationals to Hanyu, a guy who most people here already forgot or what? I feel that figure skating is a sport where you need to focus on your own self, your own performance and your own form. What others might do or not do is out of your hands! You might skate the skate of your life and finish off podium, you might make mistakes and still win the gold. It's all so unpredictable. But I think it is ridiculous to say that Chan or Takahashi need to be afraid now, or something. Worlds is another story, another day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post

And additionally, there was the GPF already (and Javi's win at SC over Patrick). Even if some people just realized now that Javi is a medal thread for worlds, I'm pretty sure Patrick and Daisuke knew that already. And between the top 4 we arguably have now (Top 5, if Kozuka wasn't injured), it's going to be really exciting to see who will make the podium at worlds

Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    And congratulations to Brian Orser too! He's now the coach of the European & Japanese National champion! Awesome!!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Ummmm, why is Joubert skating to Gladiator? What happened to the amazing Inception program?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Ummmm, why is Joubert skating to Gladiator? What happened to the amazing Inception program?!?
    The judges didn't approve and he wasn't happy with his PCS. There was talk around the time of TEB that skating to Gladiator competitively might be a good idea for him, and reportedly Gailhaguet suggested it as well. I loved Inception, too. But if the judges keep pushing Joubert toward techno and certain types of soundtracks, I can't blame him for returning to his comfort zone.

I don't think what he wore yesterday was the final costume, BTW. It's basically the same as this costume worn by Bruno Massot for a completely different program.

Custom Title
    Yes, I was heartbroken at the ditching of the Inception - I thought it was such a perfect fit for him! Why, he even talked about saving it for the Olympic season - that the music gave him goosebumps - and then, just like that, it was gone! I certainly don't blame him for changing it - after all, he's the one skating to the music/program - I just wish he hadn't. I mourn that program... I never got to see it skated as it should have been skated.

Banned
    It's Orser camp dude, so we shouldn't be surprised with ANY score . Whie his FS is more meaningful than chaotic SP, still there's nothing near 9 with this bear-like skating. Also, I think Orser doesn't clearly know how to match the skater ability and the prog. As the result- no clean skate from Javi, and not from him only in Brian's school. In any case Javi is the rightful winner. Here he is with his proud and overjoyed parents: http://cs416930.userapi.com/v4169302...lFdHIo0ohk.jpg

Cheers to Brezina for finally getting a Euro medal that he has been wanting for so long. Poor Tomas. Those 36 for TES and 71 for PCS must be some kind of record of 35 points difference between TES and PCS. CoP is so schizophrenic.

RusFed made the right choice sending Kovtun. The dude delivered in spite of all the pressure regarding his spot. The audience went crazy, which was very understandable after watching 3 lousy groups, and the kid got the ovation that later only Javi could beat. Congrats, Maxpalych! And thanks for this backstage pic: http://instagram.com/p/U_InkriBWF/
    Dame TAT watching him: www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9cF5da6Z7I

Custom Title
    1. At the GPF, he's up against the best in the world. At Euros, the competition isn't quite as good. Witness the PCS boosts given to Joubert, Amodio, and Brezina, though. He stacks up and stands out

2. His program actually ticks off the boxes for Program components quite well. Even the resting points are well integrated performance moments.

3. Definitely overscored on Skating Skills.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast