Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Europeans Men's LP

Custom Title
    I appreciate his smart thinking. That's the only good thing about that program

Chan better watch out for Fernandez at Worlds (even more so than before)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    5th and 7th are enough for the 3 spots for Russia next year?
    5+7=12, it is less than 13.
    13 or less is needed for 3 places.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 01-26-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Chan better watch out for Fernandez at Worlds (even more so than before)
    .... Chan has lost three of four programs against Fernandez. If Chan wasn't watching out before, I'd be seriously disappointed.

Custom Title
    Amodio deserves better programs then the crap ones Morozov saddles him with.

Custom Title
    Congrats to Javier for winning the Europeans as the first Spaniard ever defeating great champions such as Joubert and Plushenko!

And congrats to Brezina on his first Euros medal!

Custom Title
    I still don't get Javier - great jumps when landed, but overall he clunkers around the ice with his crap posture and mediocre spins. Nice guy and nobody else deserved the gold today, but I'm not getting the love at all.

Amodio - smart thinking, but did he just leave a bunch of points on the table by not utilizing his 8th jumping pass. Not so smart thinking after all.

Medalist
    I wonder why Skate Canada didn't pressure their staff working with foreign skaters as they did before 2010 Olys. Given they never won a men gold it's strange. Or they just tought whatever Chan would do, he'll win anyway.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Amodio deserves better programs then the crap ones Morozov saddles him with.
    I know, right? Fernandez left Morosov and has just shellacked Amodio by 26 points in the free.

On the Ice
    Javier!! I really love his FS and surprisingly, I liked Florent's as well today. Wished a medal for Brian though...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    .... Chan has lost three of four programs against Fernandez. If Chan wasn't watching out before, I'd be seriously disappointed.
    Both Chan and Takahashi do need to take notice, if they haven't already from the GPF where he had the highest FP score.

Congrats to Javier for winning the first European Figure Skating Title for Spain and also Congrats to Amodio and Michal
    for winning Silver and Bronze. Shout out to Brian for a fine effort and placing fourth, not to shabby for the old warrior.

Good Men's competition

eta: Why are we talking about Chan and Takahashi? Heck we might as well start talking about Michelle Kwan's wedding.
    Last edited by demarinis5; 01-26-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by machin View Post
    I wonder why Skate Canada didn't pressure their staff working with foreign skaters as they did before 2010 Olys. Given they never won a men gold it's strange. Or they just tought whatever Chan would do, he'll win anyway.
    First of all, Orser is not a "staff" of Skate Canada. Secondly, no such pressure happened prior to 2010 Olympics, Yu Na is the proof of that. Finally, more than just winning, promoting the sport around the world is a more important goal as well as fair play.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by artsciboy View Post
    I still don't get Javier - great jumps when landed, but overall he clunkers around the ice with his crap posture and mediocre spins. Nice guy and nobody else deserved the gold today, but I'm not getting the love at all.

Amodio - smart thinking, but did he just leave a bunch of points on the table by not utilizing his 8th jumping pass. Not so smart thinking after all.
    This. I hope both he and Brian Orser take the next year to focus on basic skating skills (like smooth stroking and yes, posture) and especially spins. He certainly has the raw talent, but it needs to be refined and polished.

Still, great skate and good for him. At least he doesn't get into S&M like Amodio. Uh, I mean Stand & Model.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast