Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior FD

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    while I think USFSA did want both Igor and Marina to have a top team. Honestly the real reason Igor team went second was because he's more tech savvy than Zoueva. And she has her "favorites" (pretty evident these days) and the others suffer from it. Shibs need to at least jump to their former coach or a new team entirely.
    I do think that it may be time for a coaching change. Virtue and Moir and Davis and White are Marina's priorities, but the Shibs need to be somewhere where they can start being groomed to challange Marlie. Next year is an olympic year and if they want to walk away with a medal, I think they should start taking action now.

Custom Title
    i know seeing the Shibs in 3rd was a bit of a surprise, but the had two lift deductions, one in the SD and one in the FD. those 2 points would have put them in front of C/B.
    obviously it's disappointing that they can't seem to close the gap, but they are some of the best ice dancers in the world in terms of skills and technique and i will ALWAYS love watching them skate, Tracy and Tanith's observations about the team are spot on. Also, they've been in the top tier of dancers for so long (dating back to their junior days) that we forget how young they really are...but regardless, I think they've managed to put out some of the most entertaining, well-executed programs over the past couple of years and i hope they continue to do so.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The Shibs are great! And people forget that this is Maia's first year at UMich, and it's not surprising that it's a difficult year for them, especially with Alex's injuries.

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Random question/observation:

Was history made in Omaha? Three former roommates reached the ice-dance podium together.
    White, Bates, and A. Shibutani all used to live together in Michigan.

Yes, they did!

It was very nice to see how happy Charlie was that Evan (& Madison) made the podium

OT, but is Emily Samuelson still skating?

She's not on Ice Partner Search, I'm sad to say. Whether she is skating in some other capacity (coaching?, synchro? college? for the fun of it?), I don't know.

Custom Title
    A few months ago Emily tweeted that she was researching possible graduate schools, with one being in Washington D.C.

Good for her! Do you know what her major was?

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Samuelson's tweeting had suggested that she would be studying international relations in grad school. If I recall correctly, she had referred to at least three potential schools that she was visiting, and one of them was SAIS at Johns Hopkins. (Not sure off the top of my head, but maybe she also mentioned Georgetown? Don't remember the third.)

So ... who knows, maybe down the road Samuelson will have an office at the State Department alongside Mrs. Michelle Pell?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10