2013 US Nationals Senior FD | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior FD

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Madison Chock is seriously pretty.

That was a nice skate for after Davis and White's epicness.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is hard to see Davis & White not winning Worlds, even with it being in Canada.

Depends on whether D/W have peaked here at Nationals. Knowing them though they will be just as sharp in London. It really is going to be a :cry:fest next year at Nationals if it's there last time competing at Nationals.

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was not expecting Chock and Bates to bump off the Shibutanis for the silver medal. I thought they would get bronze. WOW!

willdu

On the Ice
The Notre Dame de Paris program > Carmen in my opinion. V and M's Virtue and moir program seems labored although I will say the lifts are really innovative for Carmen.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Well inflation or not I am CRYING. That was unreal. Meryl's face at the beginning of the skate. Their pair's spin at the top. In the camel position it was like Charlie was trying to cradle or protect her.

I don't care what anyone says that was a fabulous connection and maybe the best acting I've ever seen from a skater.

I want to watch it again! :cry::love:

What is with Chock's dress? Get rid of the faux fur collar and cut off the sleeves.

Reminds me of Christmas. Hehehe. :biggrin:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Final results (top 5) below.

Link to protocols:

PlaceStart No.NameShort DanceFree DanceTotal Score
Place
114Meryl Davis / Charlie White179.021118.42197.44
215Madison Chock / Evan Bates270.802105.11175.91
313Maia Shibutani / Alex Shibutani369.633104.58174.21
412Madison Hubbell / Zachary Donohue467.754100.11167.86
511Lynn Kriengkrairut / Logan Giulietti-Schmitt564.69595.32160.01

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Thanks, Chemistry. I will keep an eye out for the Gamelin twins(!) next year. :cool:
ETA: Their connection on and off the ice must be quite special.​

What is with Chock's dress? Get rid of the faux fur collar and cut off the sleeves.

Chock's dress is very evocative of the Dr. Zhivago storyline. The collar and long sleeves make perfect sense.

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bates and Chock have no connection at all. Maybe having Igor as there coach paid off. Politiking at it's worst.

leafygreens

Final Flight
Chock's dress is very evocative of the Dr. Zhivago storyline. The collar and long sleeves make perfect sense.

It may make sense, but it doesn't look good. The collar looks like it was haphazardly cut out of felt and safety pinned on there. The bodice is not flattering to her body type.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Darn, the Shibutanis received another deduction for an extended lift.

And Virtue/Moir lost two points at Canadian Nats for the same reason.

[Wonder if Shpilband would have helped prevent those mistakes???]

Last edited:

lavender

Record Breaker
Soo love D/W. They are the only ones who's placements I care for in the U.S. so I'm happy they brought it like that because I'm just so impressed with all the dance teams that the U.S. has. All those deep edges were just really great to see.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Bates and Chock have no connection at all. Maybe having Igor as there coach paid off. Politiking at it's worst.

Well the Shibutanis dont have much connection either. Both teams are similar, technically very strong and artistically blah. Hubbel & Donahue have a much better connection on the ice but arent yet as technically strong as those other two teams.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One thing is for sure US Ice Dancing is in good hands when D/W retire. Some good Junior teams coming up to. :)

willdu

On the Ice
Davis and White are looking so strong. Crossing my fingers that they can last another quad.

emma

Record Breaker
:love::love::love: Davis and White!!!!!

That competition was really fun!!!! Congrats to the medalists. I'm sorry to say that I missed Hubbell and Donahue, but saw the rest and really enjoyed. Worlds is gonna be nail bite for me!